XBMC 12 Artwork/Thumbs Issues
Question 
Hi, I have been happily using multiple XBMC 11 EDEN builds with a centralised file and mysql server. Only the main XBMC machine had any thumbnails as attempts to copy the cache to other machines did not work. However it was not as essential as being able to access the video database information.

The main reason I am trying to update to FRODO is for the advantage of having an elegant solution to thumbnails/fanart on all of my XBMC clients.

I have managed to successfully update my video database to version 75, however the FRODO artwork re-downloader appears to do nothing (I have done this process twice). None of my movies/tvshows have any thumbs or fanart. I have spent the last two evenings researching this issue and now do not know how to solve the problem.

Movies were scraped with IMDB scraper until a recent switch to Universal Scraper
TV shows scraped with TVDB
Have always run XBMC in portable mode

I have already tried:
  • Deleting MyVideos74.db
  • Deleting Textures13.db
  • Copying thumbnail cache from main XBMC machine

For most of my movies, pressing movie info > choose artwork lists one visible poster (always the last number in the list) and all other remote thumbs fail to display. Seldom are any fanart images available.

I have used builds:
xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc1
20121219-74b907c-master nightly

If anyone can give me any tips, I would appreciate it.
Are you using Confluence?

If you have RC2 (or the 19th nightly) then delete your video db and re-run - you'll get a lot of logging as to what is going on during the process.

Post that Debug Log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response jmarshall.

I'll have a debug log up this evening.
I got to the bottom of my problems, by trawling through the debug log as suggested.

I had forgotten that I had recently added profiles to my main XBMC machine which then migrated the thumbnails to the respective profile directory. I copied these thumbnails and managed to get FRODO to fix all of my current artwork to show in XBMC 12.

Any non cached posters for movies scanned with the IMDB scraper are unavailable or black. Eventually I may bother to rescrape everything if the plugin is never resurrected. Universal Scraper works perfectly.

Thanks for a great piece of software Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12 Artwork/Thumbs Issues0