cd art manager addon
I am using neon skin and have downloaded and enabled the cdart manager addon. The problem is that when i go to configure the addon it asks me for my path to music folder. I am using smb however cant get to my shares since its in thevar/mobile directory (atv2 home folder) and i can only see my files there that i have put via ssh.

Is anyone using this addon with their atv2? Do i have to run it on my main htpc and then will the atv2 pick up the files to show up on skin?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
This is just a guess (can't test right now, no access to ATV2 at the moment), but you could try pathsubstitution. Put this in your advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>ATV2_PATH</from>
    <to>smb://NETWORK_PATH</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Use a path that the add-on can access (but that nothing else in XBMC needs to access) like..

Code:
/private/var/mobile/cheese/

for your first path (I don't think it even has to exist. cheese/, that is)

second path would be the SMB network path to your real music folder.
I have put a advancedsettings.xml in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata like you said above

Quote:<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/private/var/mobile/cheese/</from>
<to>smb://XBMC-DESKTOP/ExpansionDrive/Sabnzbdcomplete/Music</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

I go to the addon and try to browse the path and I still cannot get into smb to be able to pick the directory. It still only opens the atv2 home directory in var/mobile

Any help?
I had to add my smb share as a source and now i can go into the path.
sorry to drag up an old thread but i've tried adding my nfs share as a sauce in file manager but still cant see it in the addon config. Any ideas?
yummy - nfs sauce
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cd art manager addon0