Help With Audio Levels...
Hello, I really don´t know how to configure xbmc for best audio experience. I want to have voice level low and when a gun fire ocurs have it really loud.

do i have to set something in:

- boost leve on downmix or
- volume amplifier

When i used powerdvd the options were here:

thank you!!!
You have to adjust the Gunfire and Explosives mixer setting higher in XBMC. Just don't adjust that Rump Slapping mixer, especially with the parents around!
U have an avr which is connected a/v with HDMI? Or are u directly connected to a tv?
If u are connected to an avr, and use wasapi in xbmc Audio Output settings, all Windows Mixer settings are bypassed...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I use analog output connected to analog amplifier.I just want to know how to set xbmc for better audio experience in quite environment
well, if u boost the level of downmixed sounds, u will get the opportunity of what u want. voices are boosted and explosions are lowered.
U will have to check direct sound as audio output and leave everything else unchecked i think.
the volume amplifier will boost the volume but may distort the sound...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-22, 00:43)bimme Wrote: well, if u boost the level of downmixed sounds, u will get the opportunity of what u want. voices are boosted and explosions are lowered.
U will have to check direct sound as audio output and leave everything else unchecked i think.
the volume amplifier will boost the volume but may distort the sound...

Oh! I didn´t know. So Is better leaving "Boost Downmix" off? I made before a test but didn´t noticed much difference. I´ll try again.
The best setting on Ur powerdvd settings would be "quiet environment" cause this offers the Full dynamic range and the Sound played like it should be (like in cinema). Quiet dialoges are quiet while Action like explosions are loud.
There are circumstances u are not able to use the full dyn. Range, at Night when the childs are sleeping, or u would like to get no prob with ur neighbours, for example. If u Turn the Volume down so Action scenes are not too loud, u maybe cant Listen to quiet dialoges anymore. So u want to boost the quiet stuff and lower the action stuff...
If u downmix to stereo and do Not boost the downmix, u should have the Full dyn range of the surround mode just in stereo. But many people listen to Stereo don't like this behaviour... This is why this Setting exists...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With Audio Levels...0