Date Added Frodo RC2
I recently updated my setup to Frodo RC2 and I noticed that the date added sort has changed. It seems to be using the date that the file has as a creation date and not the date that it was added into the library. It appears that this was a recent change and you can override it in the advancedxml settings. Post I've been trying that and nothing seems to work. Here's what I'm adding in.

<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

I'm also seeing the movie sets being mixed in and not sitting at the top of the list as before. I'm assuming that was a change as well? Is there a way I can override that?
Movie sets have always been mixed into the list and sorted according to the title. The only scenario where this has changed is for sort by year and date added IIRC. There's no switch to change that though.
I'll test the dateadded behaviour later and see if something broke there but IIRC I haven't touched it since I added the <dateadded> advancedsetting.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That's odd. My movie sets always showed up at the very top of the list by using dateadded. I'm using Aeon as a skin. Maybe that's making the difference?
Yeah like I said in Eden movie sets were either mixed into the list (when sorting was done by title) or at the very top (when sorting was done by anything else, including dateadded). But that was simply because we were lacking the metadata for the set. This has been changed for Frodo and sets now have some metadata (based on the movies a set contains) like year, dateadded, rating etc which are then used for sorting.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That makes sense that it changed due to more metadata being available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Date Added Frodo RC20