picoPsu, really strong enough?
I keep hearing on other forums, that you must get a high watt psu! something over 350, 500 is best.

otherwise you seriously risk frying your boards.

now I am not gamer, but they said, doesn't matter.
if you are building a system with i3 or A6, 8, with 4-8gs ram, and powering at least 2TB with an ssd,
you seriously need over 350w!

I would love a small fanless, silent picopsu, but everyone I ask about, says, My system will fry in the first couple days!

I want to build a small HTPC with a A6-5400, 4g ram, ssd, and 1 TB 5400 2.5" for storage.
case is still pending depending on pico..

so will my system fry?

not planning on gaming, but let's just say for argument sake, I wanted to play skyrim on low settings for a couple hours..
just for argument sake..

thanks,,

ohh build is used for XBMC, you tube, chrome internet surfing, skype, thanks..
This one "picoPSU-120/10A 120W AC-DC" should be enough for the 5400K and some upgrades too...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-12-22, 05:29)bluray Wrote: This one "picoPSU-120/10A 120W AC-DC" should be enough for the 5400K and some upgrades too...

you say should be. does that mean these have not been tested properly, say 1000+ hours of use?

(2012-12-22, 06:27)coffeeman Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 05:29)bluray Wrote: This one "picoPSU-120/10A 120W AC-DC" should be enough for the 5400K and some upgrades too...
you say should be. does that mean these have not been tested properly, say 1000+ hours of use?
A lot of mini-itx users in here uses Pico, and I haven't heard much complain on it. It's a great option for a silent HTPC w/ a very tiny mini-itx case. My friend uses the 120w Pico for several years now, and he haven't encounter any issue with it. As long as your don't overload it, it should be very reliable.......

Here is a great review on it- Reviews - Pico PSU Round Up.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-12-22, 07:31)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 06:27)coffeeman Wrote:
A lot of mini-itx users in here uses Pico, and I haven't heard much complain on it. It's a great option for a silent HTPC w/ a very tiny mini-itx case. My friend uses the 120w Pico for several years now, and he haven't encounter any issue with it. As long as your don't overload it, it should be very reliable.......

Here is a great review on it- Reviews - Pico PSU Round Up.....

ok cool, thanks for your replies.

problem is where I live these PICO psu are very expensive the 150W starts at 90 bucks. so I am still deciding if I will go with a small silent case
or the Milo MLO3B stone bridge with a cheap 20 dollar psu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
picoPsu, really strong enough?0