Frodo Upgrade
Hi, I've asked this question with no luck probably due to my poor framing of the question so I'll try again & attempt to be clearer.

I have been running Dharma very successfully for a couple of years & couldn't imagine being without xbmc!!!! I skipped Eden because of graphics card issues, so when Frodo was released I thought I'd give it a go. I wanted to be very careful to protect my library as hundreds of hours of work have gone into the compilation, posters & fanart resulting in 6,000+ movies & 1,100+ TV series many of them (non-standard) & I didn't want to upgrade Frodo directly over Dharma in case of problems.

I installed Frodo into a seperate directory & everything works perfectly after sortin out the sound issues with help from the relevant forum threads. All those Add-ons that had become inoperative are now working. All fantastic except for one problem.....no fanart or posters.

Reading the forum I see that Frodo now handles artwork differently. Am I right in believing from my reading of the relevant threads I could find that if I install Frodo OVER Dharma rather than in a seperate directory all the artwork will be picked up & displayed or is there a completely separate process I have to undertake? For example, I read in one or two threads about using Artwork Manager?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I can post a log if that helps.

Thanks,

Martin
Sorry to reply to my own thread but maybe if I post my ongoing efforts that might make it easier for someone to comment. I exported the Library as a single file. That has resulted in a folder containing 4 sub-folders (actors, movies, musicvideos & tvshows) & a videodb.xml file, 101mb in size. I opened my standalone installation of Frodo (as above) & tried to import the library as per the import library function. I navigate to the folder but the .xml file is not visible there. If I hit OK whilst the export folder is highlighted then Frodo hangs on a black screen. I have attached the log file below;

http://pastebin.com/QAGjMPZg

Any idea what I'm doing wrong/should do?

The only thing I haven't tried is to install Frodo over Dharma which I explained above I am loathe to do, especially as I don't seem to be able to import my library.

Thanks.
The information I'm getting and from my own experience is that a Frodo install over Eden and you're presented with with a requester that scans in your library (I'm not sure this will work with Dharma). Unsure as to what O/S you're using, but if it's windows, rename your existing XBMC install as XBMC-Dharma and be sure to do the same for the roaming directory XBMC folder. Then copy the roaming folder as XBMC and and install Frodo, you should now have your upgrade and when it asks to scan your library, allow it... Frodo needs a bit of time on launch, so don't rush. If all does NOT goes well, delete and a simple rename of your roaming XBMC-Dharma and programs folder will return you to what you had.

I think the exporting/importing as a single file no longer works between the versions (at least I didn't have any luck).
Thanks for that Pat. This gives me a way of protecting what I have got in case it doesn't work. Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Upgrade0