Dolby True-HD and DTS Master Audio
Shocked 
I'm running an older 4 year old Core2 CPU. Can I add a modern GPU to that system in order to get high def audio under Windows 7? And if so what would one recommend? Looks like any $75 HDMI Radeon may do this. System works perfectly otherwise so would rather save the cost of upgrading CPU, motherboard etc.

Thanks.

Paul
Yes you can.

Any $30 Radeon will do it also Smile I'm using a Sapphire HD6450 that i got for ~$30. Anything from a HD5450 and up will work. I can't advise on nVidia cards.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-12-22, 19:16)thrak76 Wrote: Yes you can.

Any $30 Radeon will do it also Smile I'm using a Sapphire HD6450 that i got for ~$30. Anything from a HD5450 and up will work. I can't advise on nVidia cards.

Cool. Thx.

Damn, motherboard only has a PCIe x4 slot and not an x16. Argh.

Read that a 16x card can work in a 4x slot so picked up a cheap HD 6450 and I'm in business. Smile
That's a great card for HTPC use - excellent a/v sync and DTS-MA/TrueHD/8-ch LPCM for $30 Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-12-22, 19:16)thrak76 Wrote: Yes you can.

only with windows? right?

cu
^^^ ATI drivers + Linux = bad mojo. Windows np.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby True-HD and DTS Master Audio0