Win Language bar/keyboard layout
Hi all,

I have my windows 8 language set to English (Aus), but every time I launch xbmc, it adds English (us) to the languages and therefore adds the language bar to the taskbar.

The only way to remove it is by adding "English us" manually and then removing it.

For the life of me, I can't get xbmc to just accept English Aus, and not feel the need to add English (us) every time. [/align]

Any ideas?
You can set XBMC's language: System/Settings > Appearance > International > English (not English (US) ). Not sure what you mean by adding language bar to the taskbar; is that some Windows 8 thing?
Unfortunately it did it in Windows 7 too, but the language bar was less obvious, so it never annoyed me.

I had already set it to English (non US) and it doesn't help.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean by the "language bar".

Normally, I would only have "English (Australian)" installed, so the language bar is not shown because it defaults to it because there is only one language. But as soon as XBMC is launched, it installs the "English (US)" keyboard layout.

However, if I go into language preferences, only English Australian is there. It seems XBMC is adding the keyboard layout ONLY. Which means, the only way to get rid of it, is to ADD English US, and then remove it.

But then XBMC will add it again next time it launches.
My workaround atm is to use "Turn system icons on or off" and disable "input indicator".

But it would be nice if I could remove the extra language all together.
Hey, have you found a solution to that problem?

The same thing happened to me and it really annoying!

Every time I opened xbmc Windows 8 would add the US keyboard layout. I have 2 layouts, US international and Chinese, and that's all I want!

I found a solution that worked for me, to rename HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000409 to 00000409a

Now the US keyboard layout is gone for good and it is not automatically added to the language bar every time I start xbmc.

Credits to: http://www.eightforums.com/general-suppo...ayout.html

P.S. Don't know if it is against the rules of the forum to post the above link, but I believe I have to give credits to the guy who came up with a solution to the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Language bar/keyboard layout0