Win NAS drive connection issues
I am running Frodo RC2 on a windows 7 machine, although this problem has been there through the betas and RC1. I use a WD Sharespace for my movie collection with SMB network share to connect through XBMC. Everything works fine once the drive has been recognized, but upon a system reboot when I try to play a movie through the library it says that the movie is no longer found and asks if I'd like to remove it from the library. I noticed that after a reboot, when I try to play a recent move from the main confluence page (from the row that appears above the "movies" main menu option) that it always is recognized. It appears that there is a different protocol being used to launch a movie from the recent items from the main menu page than when in the library and that that protocol is able to connect with my WD Sharespace NAS after a reboot whereas the library launch protocol does not until after the connection has been recognized (either through a launch of a movie from the main menu or when I go into the video -> files and launch a movie from there (which actually sometimes takes a few tries to get to work). I was curious if there is a different protocol to launch depending upon where in XBMC one tries to launch a movie and, if so, could the protocol used on the main menu to launch a recently added movie be used when launching from the library.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS drive connection issues0