[BUG or Missing Feature] Language not recognized
After 2 year I have replace a hard drive so i reinstalled XBMCBUNTU 12-rc2.
I have some doubt on language management inside xbmc.
I chosed 3 times my lenguage prefence: During the installation phase I have chose the correct language (keyboard, time zone, ...) but when XBMC has start in English language. After I have change language of GUI but I have add the film to library, the default languages was English.

Ok now all work fine with some adjustment, I'm a old time xbmc user and I know where find the different settings and how xmbc works, but it's very complicate for a new user.
I think it's reasonable to made a panel at the first startup to chose the default language.

A second annotation is over the subtitle script: Now there's only one script for scrape the subtitles, I think it's a good solution pre install that script.

Best regards

Xeus32
Well, the first step is because that's the Ubuntu OS asking. As for the two different places/options within XBMC, I believe that's because some people like the default to actually be a language that they don't speak. For example, I watch a lot of anime, so I put Japanese as default for audio (it's the only time I have a second language track. Normally I don't have an English audio track, but sometimes it comes up) and then English as the default for subtitles. A lot of people prefer this kind of "use native audio, but with subtitles" set up, so in that case the audio setting doesn't reflect the language they speak.

On that note, the location of the audio/subtitle settings should probably be changed since it's not really a "localization" preference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG or Missing Feature] Language not recognized0