Req CEC Control via JSON API
+1 same issue here, sending a cec command kills the cec client of xbmc when exiting, i have to reboot my pi...

it would be very useful for domotic matters !
+1 I'ld like to have the ability to control my TV / AV-receiver from my home control system via the connected RPi. For example switch off TV when leaving home. No way to do so at the moment.

Thanks!

Titus
Good news. I'm finally getting a real TV with CEC so once everything is properly setup I'll get myself an USB-CEC adapter and when time allows I can look into extended CEC support.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-08-13, 23:00)Montellese Wrote: I'll get myself an USB-CEC adapter

Thats great news! Maybe it is possible to ask XBMC for the state of the connected devices? To integrate XBMC / RPi / TV in home automation systems it would be necessary to query / keep track of their state.
+1

I would love a method to map button presses in keyboard.xml to various CEC actions. (volume up/down/mute, power on/off, change source...)

I currently use a button press to launch a python script which uses pyserial to talk to the serial port of my TV. It's a bit of a kluge and somewhat slow to respond.
The ability to use XBMC and an XBMC remote app to control all the devices in an entertainment center would be a game changer. Imagine a plugin that allows you to configure what devices you have, create dynamic remote controls to control devices, and so on. To leverage the power of CEC via XBMC would be unique among universal remote apps. I understand the CEC protocol technically requires the commands to originate from a TV (or some other similar limitation), but I think this is still possible to accomplish.
(2013-08-13, 23:00)Montellese Wrote: Good news. I'm finally getting a real TV with CEC so once everything is properly setup I'll get myself an USB-CEC adapter and when time allows I can look into extended CEC support.

Did you end up getting the TV yet? I'd be willing donate a Pulse Eight adapter (or RPi) if you need any additional hardware.
I got the TV (Samsung UE55F6500) but because of all the stress of moving I haven't gotten around yet to installing an xbmc box at the TV yet and I also had very little time for xbmc coding in general. I once hooked up my Pivos XIOS DS for 10 minutes and gave CEC a try and I was a bit disappointed. While left/right/up/down and select navigation worked, back or escape didn't so it was basically impossible to navigate somewhere because there was no way to get back out.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi Montellese, we are now 1 month further and I did also bought myself a CEC adapter and discovered the lack of control in XBMC. Since I am not a developer I was wondering if you had any chance to look into this...

A small addon would do the trick (i have no idea how this works in XBMC, so forgive me if I say it to simple). However the option to make custom CEC codes in an addon (and key them to an button/action) and make the addon available through e.g. Constellation would help a lot...

Combined with this: http://www.cec-o-matic.com/
would make all options from my AVR and TV available.

CEC volume control should already be available in Constellation, only problem is that it currently makes XBMC (prob some JSON change errors) crash so had no opportunity to test this feature
@Montellese, what would be really nice is the ability to pass through raw CEC codes via JSON, as according to the reply in this post calling cec-client outside of XBMC has the potential to break the CEC communication channel XBMC has already established. So being able to issue CEC commands via JSON, using the existing XBMC CEC communication channel, would avoid that problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Montellese: any news regarding this topic? Any changes in the upcoming "Gotham" release?

Thanks for your feedback!
(2014-04-22, 14:52)titus_de Wrote: @Montellese: any news regarding this topic? Any changes in the upcoming "Gotham" release?

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately not. I have a raspberry pi and a Pivos XIOS DS which both support CEC but my available time for XBMC was (and still is) so limited that I had to focus on fixing bugs for Gotham.
I know this isn't a complete solution but for anyone who is interested I have written a very simple add-on that allows the activate, toggle and standby commands to be sent through the JSON API. it's my first add-on but I have been using it for a while and decided to share it. You can get it from https://github.com/joshjowen/script.json-cec and install it from the Zip. Then you will be able to send a request like the following which will turn the playing device (TV) on.
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"script.json-cec","params":{"command":"activate"}},"id":1}
Hi Joshjowen,

sounds great, thanks a lot for sharing. Will give it a try the next few days!

Is it possible to query the state of the devices with your script too?
Unfortunately not. My script only takes one of the three commands I mentioned and runs the appropriate xbmc built in command. Standby, activate and toggle are the only built ins available for CEC through xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC Control via JSON API3