Win 7 playback stuttering (Eden and Frodo)
When I first start up XBMC (Frodo RC2), everything is smooth and lovely.
But if I've had the program open for a day or so, as a video server should be, playback of any file is choppy.
Audio is fine, video just stutters across the screen, and it only does it after XBMC has been open for a while.

Frodo RC2
Win7 32, 4g memory
Intel DZ77RE board with i7 proc.
Integrated video out the HDMI port
256g SSD OS drive

I have plenty of horsepower, and nothing else runs on this system except XBMC.
It was doing this on another Intel board with Eden as well.

When I dual boot into XBMCbuntu (Eden) I can leave this system up for days with no playback issues.
So what's the issue with the windows version?
Well, figured out that Aero was probably turned on (despite telling the video driver to not use it.. set the background to Win7 Basic as found in another thread) and after turning it off, the problem has been reduced, but still has not gone away.
I still get some stuttering video and have to restart the program to clear it.

Considering this wonderful program was originally designed to be used with a Microsoft product, I'm kinda surprised that it has such an issue with running cleanly under Windows.
If you are attempting to run with DXVA enabled - switch it off - intel and dxva in xbmc don't play nice and you have sufficient power in the i7 not to need it.
Try to disable "Use a fullscrren windows rather than true fullscreen" option in video output options and set vertical blank sync to always enabled.
Yep.
DXVA is off.
Use fullscreen window is off
Vertical blank sync is on.

Had it up all weekend, and come Monday it was jittery again.
Restart of program fixed it.. but there's some kind of memory leak or something.

The scrolling XBMC Marquis as the bottom of the home window is also jerky when my playback is, if that's any help to a diagnosis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 playback stuttering (Eden and Frodo)0