Green Horizontal Line
Frodo Beta 2 on OS X 10.8.2 Mac Mini. Most TV shows are fine, but nearly all movies have a horizontal green line as the bottom set of pixels (both letterbox and full screen, SD and HD).

I'm not sure what to provide for diagnostic information, but name it and I'll be happy to post it.

I've done quite a bit of searching and didn't find anything relevant. I know RC2 is out, but this has been present since Beta 1.

Where can I start troubleshooting this?

I love (love) XBMC. Great job, devs.

.sal
start troubleshooting by running RC2 Smile
Follow up to this: since upgrading to the release candidates, and finally to the GA of Frodo, Ive not experienced the green line again.

For anyone else experiencing something similar, get thee off the RCs. Smile
Where to get RCs? I'd like to give it a try.
On the latest NIght build (08.2.13) the problem is still there.
No more release candidates now that Frodo is GA. You can upgrade to it via the XBMC home page, downloads section.
I have the GA, and tried the night version as well, but my green line is still there.
I just tried to remove the application and all the XBMC folder into the Application Support directory.
A brand new install did not solve the line on screen problem Confused
Anyway this is a know bug listed on XBMC v12 (Frodo) issues:

Quote:Certain Macs using Intel GPUs seem to show a green line when using hardware decoding (VDA). A fix was found, but that fix caused some other issues, so the lesser evil was chosen (green line). Developers are still working on this issue. In most cases the Mac in question can run just fine without the hardware (VDA) decoder, as they have more than enough CPU power. It won't hurt anything. At most it might just kick up your CPU fans more, depending on how demanding the video is. You can turn off hardware video decoding by going into Settings -> Videos -> Playback and deselecting the VDA option.

Just tried and it works.
CPU seems not to suffer playing a 720p movie.
I to am getting green horizontal line however it is only visable with certain encoder settings..
Below is the setting of a video that contains a green line..

Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=22 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=30 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=8062 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.0

This setting came from:-
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 1h 53mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 8 062 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 816 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.215
Stream size : 6.54 GiB (78%)
Writing library : x264 core 124 r2197 69a0443

My system is a 2013 QNAP with Intel Atom 2.13 GHz Dual Core with Linux Op System (3 gig ram) c/w Vaapi..
" If I turn off hardware accelerator my videos are not viewable as they slow lag !!"
Any help would be much appreciated.
Pray tell why are you posting in the Mac OSX support section ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green Horizontal Line0