Installing Frodo 12.0 RC2
Hello, I just wanted to know should the new release be showing up under download section in ATV1 menu of XBMC? Because, I don't see it on mine, i only see Dharma 10.0 and Eden 11.0 or it will only show up when it final version. I already restarted the ATV1 but no change under the menu listing.

Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays to all.

~ATV420~
-AppleTV1
-Crystal HD Card 70015 w/ r174 drivers
-EDEN Beta RC2
-SMB server
XBMC v12 Frodo won't run on the original ATV OS, since it is based on Mac OS X 10.4, and Frodo requires at least Mac OS X 10.6. You'll have to install a linux based-OS on the ATV1, such as OpenELEC (wiki) or Crystalbuntu (wiki), in order to use Frodo. You can boot them from a USB drive if you want to keep the original ATV OS intact, and then just switch between the two as needed (if you need the native ATV video player, etc).
Ned Scott, Thanks for the info.

It just might be time to go through Crystalbuntu.
~ATV420~
-AppleTV1
-Crystal HD Card 70015 w/ r174 drivers
-EDEN Beta RC2
-SMB server
Don't mean to jack atv420's thread, but I'm anxiuos to try Frodo RC2 as well, but haven't been able to find a clear cut way to upgrade. I'm running XBMC in Crystalbuntu from a USB stick and so far I'm thrilled with the features it provides. I've ordered and received my Broadcom CyrystalHD pci-e card, planning on installing it after all the activity of Xmas dies down.
In the past Crystalbuntu has updated itself when the XBMC builds were ready. Not sure what the plan is this time around regarding updating, since Sam's working on a Crystalbuntu 2 that also updates the OS as well.
Thanks Ned. I've been over on Crystal's forums as well, and it sounds like CB 2 is really close to being released, so maybe I'll just be patient for a few more days, and get some more reading done on both forums, since there's a wealth of information to learn. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Frodo 12.0 RC20