Req Update XBMC Feature
Not sure how well this will work with portable setups
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Quote: Not sure how well this will work with portable setups
I don't think it will be a big deal. The updater will put the fetched files to current path (-p change the current path to portable data folder path)
No its even more trivial. The updater will fetch the setup, close kodi, run setup ... so not sure if this will help in the "exhausting" use case...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
i totally don't understand why you are even using 7zip for extracting and whatever you are doing.

just run the setup and done.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't even understand why we need such an updater.
1 major -> plus 1-2 minor releases within ~12 months.
I can already see people complaining about "how to roll back, my skin/addon/feature/settings/configuration/databases/whatever isn't working anymore".

To be honest, I hope this winsparkle update feature can be disabled or is disabled by default. Or get this functionality directly in Kodi as a simple "yes/no" dialog.
In my case, my HTPC is running Kodi as shell replacement, windows updates are disabled by default and it's completely controlled with a remote. It always annoys me if some software/driver package starts displaying update notifications and I have to get up to take the keyboard/mouse to close that damn dialogs.

I mean.. the idea about a more user friendly update system isn't bad. But please don't forget that 90% of all people just want a working device and they have no idea what they are doing if they press "yes, please update". Especially the common Windows user Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Yes, you can totally disable it and it won't update in any situation without the user being asked at least once.
My opinion of the updater is that it'll be useful for our switch to a more rapid, reduced change update system, and hopefully cut down on fragmentation a bit. Helping people that are still running Frodo can be a bit irritating over time. With that said, like everything else in Kodi, users can and should be able to easily opt out of automatic updates.
Yes it will be an option but sualfred will get annoyed once (at the very first time he will be asked if he wants to enable auto update checking - with a native windows dialog i can't suppress)...
I won't get annoyed if the update-is-available-notification isn't a Windows dialog Tongue
With an internal Kodi yes/no dialog I can close it with my remote wihtout having to get up to search for an keyboard/mouse. Lazy, I know Wink
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
As i wrote - "with a native windows dialog i can't suppress" ... but only once in life - at least until you reinstalled windows (flag will be saved in the registry).
Already understood,
That were just my 2 cents, I can live with as it is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update XBMC Feature0