Android volume control
I've got 12.0-RC1 running on a Samsung Galaxy 2. And it's very, very happy. As am I! I'm loving having the same piece of software on 4 different platforms at home (Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and Android). But found one "quirk": the volume control.

For all my other apps, the phone volume control either sets the phone ring volume, or the media playback volume, using a standard Android popup, on top of the application image. (I'm not even sure the applications are aware of the volume changes, although I don't know what's going on under the surface). XBMC instead, grabs control of the volume changes, and therefore gives a scale up to the volume level that's already been set. Which is fine if I want to turn the volume down, but ineffective if I want to turn it up.

Eg. if I've turned the media volume down to 60% at night (I use MortPlayer's sleep timer as I'm going to sleep), then in the morning, XBMC's maximum volume is only 60%, and I can't turn it up any higher. Instead, I have to fire up a different media player, turn up the master volume, and then switch back to XBMC.

Is there any better way of doing this?
I am also having the same issue except and I tried your work around which seems to work. Exit app, open different media player, adjust volume, close that media player and open xmbc. I found best result were to turn volume up full which allows me to turn down as required when running xbmc.

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android 4.1.1 running xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc2-armeabi-v7a.apk

Again this is a slightly annoying problem but I realise that it is a Beta and as such might be working on final release.
Same problem, and just finished installing the final version Sad However, the suggested workaround works, thanks.

GS3 I9300 as well.

Regards.
Hate to pop up a dead thread, but 18 months later this is actually still the behavior present in Android XBMC. Is this an issue with XBMC being able to *read* the media volume setting but not being able to *write* it?
Are you using the latest Gotham release?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android volume control1