XBMC sound passthrough
In the sound settings menu, if I have it sett to SPDIF/Optical.. then it should send untouched digital to my receiver should it not? And if I select "analog" then it converts it to PCM and my receiver only has to amplify and not decode. If I understand that correctly, then why can I change settings like speaker config and audio output device when I've selected SPDIF/OPTICAL. Shouldn't those options be greyed out?

I couldn't for the life of me understand why SPDIF wasn't working. The only way I got sound from my receiver was if I set XBMC to analog and that way it sounded awful. Setting it to SPDIF/OPTICAL and I got nothing, until I tried changing the output device to a setting that said "direct" something.

Those settings can be confusing. The top one doesn't do much but limit a few options. The ones below (the radio buttons) make much more of a difference as to whether encoded formats are sent as-is or converted to PCM.

Follow this guide for more info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...udioEngine
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC sound passthrough0