Extrafanart vs Extrathumbs
When I first started using XBMC, I used a skin that utilized extra fanart. It called for the artwork to be stored in a folder named "extrathumbs" and used the naming scheme "thumb1.jpg", "thumb2.jpg" and so on. Does FRODO no longer utilize "extrathumbs" as a viable folder name for extra fanart?

I have noticed in all of my movie folders that I now have a folder named extrafanart that contains the exact photos as my extrathumbs folder but the images are named differently, in some XBMC database naming format.

If this is the case, this along with the new artwork naming scheme has really caused me a lot of grief. I'm glad I only have 700 movies and not thousands like some people Confused
those folders are not created by xbmc.

you're using an addon (artwork-downloader?) or media manger that creates those folders.

as for your question if frodo uses the extrathumb folder....
it all depends on the skin you're using.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just figured it out. I had downloaded the add on Artwork Downloader. It created the folders "extrafanart". Now I just need to figure out how to get it to do it again. Now I realize that I need those folders AFTER I deleted them Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrafanart vs Extrathumbs0