S32_LE PCM format
I just installed Frodo RC2 and noticed that it always outputs audio in S32_LE format, even when 16 bit/44.1 kHz CD is used as a source. Is this normal? The same tracks are correctly recognized by DeadBeef player.

I'm running this on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit with Pulse Audio completely removed, only ALSA is used. Processor i3 2100T, audio: Auzentech XMeridian 2G, Oxygen based card.
this happened to me when i was picking an audio device created by my .asoundrc file. what i mean is xbmc detects 2 audio devices, ones says HDA Nvidia HDMI 0 the other says HDA Nvidia ONK-TXNR09 on HDMI 0 see how one has the model of my AVR in it? this is the audio device detected by xbmc. its the equivielant of picking WASAPI over directsound in windows if you dont pick the one that was auto detected. it might not have all formats enabled
AE always outputs at the highest bitdepth reported by the device as available. So if the device accepts 32bit then 16bit (or 24bit) gets packed into 32bit. Note that this is lossless.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S32_LE PCM format0