TV card video input XBMC Setup I need Help.
Tongue 
Hi all. I need some help.
I'm new to Linux and XBMC, I dabbled a little with it and now I'm hooked and really like to get my project working.
What I wold like to do is.
Setup a HTPC in my living room connected to my LCD and surround sound serving my Bedroom ( LCD no surround sound ) through a Raspberry PI.

1. I would like to use my yuan 600 / Dimond 500 TV card's video input to get live TV from my multichoice set top box ( I'm not to phased about recording or pausing live TV, thats being handled by my multichoice HDPVR ) i just want to get the picture and audio without having to switch source on my TV.

2. I would like to be able to monitor my cctv Cameras that i want to connect to the system.

I have some hardware that i reclaimed from a dusty shelf. If what i want to do is possible I'll get better hardware.
ECS main board
1GB DDR2 RAM
Interl Celeron D 420 1.6 GHZ
Smasung DVD-RW
Yan 600 TV card
GeoVision GV-800 V3 16Ch DVR Card.
80GB HDD for Operating system
400GB & 250GB for media
Raspberr Pi - On order Sad
I installed ubuntu 10.12 server with SSH & Samba and got Zoneminder working.Big Grin
I Installed XBMC 12 and got that working to a point - I can not get the Live TV working.Confused
I installed Mythtv Backend to control my TV card but now i keep getting a error " cannot connect to backend"Undecided
is the backend a must if i just ant to use my TV Card as a input? I dont want to use it to record.
Are there a Zoneminder add-on for XBMC that will allow me to monitor my cctv?

Thanks

You have to use the backend to use that tuner card. If you can't get it working with the backend software then you'll need to troubleshoot that, most likely at the MythTV forums. If it doesn't work there then there's nothing XBMC can do about it.
Hi i know this is an old post but looking to change a name of a add on and see that it can can be done through the add on XML. how can i get the add ons xml file up to change the name? Thinks for the help. NEWBIE
(2014-01-30, 11:06)doingok43 Wrote: Hi i know this is an old post but looking to change a name of a add on and see that it can can be done through the add on XML. how can i get the add ons xml file up to change the name? Thinks for the help. NEWBIE

stop spamming the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV card video input XBMC Setup I need Help.0