Music Thumbnails lost after Frodo upgrade
After upgrading to Frodo my music collection is missing cover art in folders where I have single songs. These songs have their own individual cover art embedded in the ID3 tag and worked fine before.

I would really not want to delete my full thumbnail folder if that means I have to rescan my whole music and movies media (I have a lot). If I test with a fresh new profile the images are generated so this must be something that happend in the upgrade xbmc did after Frodo RC1 was installed (by me).

Any tips would be appreciated Smile
I ran into the same problem, You have to rescan your library. That's the only way that I was able to get mine to work. Also, use Universal Album Scraper and Universal Artist Scraper for the "Default service for album information" and "Default service for artist information" in Music - Settings - Library. You can try changing those before you rescan, but I'm pretty sure it failed for me, sorry I don't have better news.

PS - Don't just take my word for it, I'm not a developer for XBMC, I'm just an avid user.
Thanks for your feedback, I will try this
I've tried a lot of other things after my initial problem without getting to the bottom of the problem. I've opend a Ticket (#13906) for this behaviour to find out if it is a bug or something wrong in my setup (even if I run an out of the box installation for testing purposes)
It's a confirmed bug and is now fixed for the next release Smile
Now is May, after Frodo 12.2 and I have to tell you that I am now in the process of rescanning my entire music library, since Frodo had lost it after the upgrade from Eden.
Worse than that, I spent many hours in Eden completing the thumbnails images for all artists; and those are gone as well.
Major Major bug, I waited to install frodo, thinking it will stabilize soon, but my overall feeling is that Frodo was (and still is) not stable enough for release, and they released it just because of a stupid deadline.
(2013-05-28, 13:26)ilomambo Wrote: Now is May, after Frodo 12.2 and I have to tell you that I am now in the process of rescanning my entire music library, since Frodo had lost it after the upgrade from Eden.
Worse than that, I spent many hours in Eden completing the thumbnails images for all artists; and those are gone as well.
Major Major bug, I waited to install frodo, thinking it will stabilize soon, but my overall feeling is that Frodo was (and still is) not stable enough for release, and they released it just because of a stupid deadline.

Nah, we missed our original "deadline" by a month in order to address major issues, and the bug fix releases don't have hard deadlines. If this was a major issue that was happening to most users, we would have fixed it before release. Thousands upon thousands of users have upgraded without this issue, so don't assume everyone is the same as you. Even Berz had the issue he discovered fixed.
(2013-05-28, 14:56)Ned Scott Wrote: [Nah, we missed our original "deadline" by a month in order to address major issues, and the bug fix releases don't have hard deadlines. If this was a major issue that was happening to most users, we would have fixed it before release. Thousands upon thousands of users have upgraded without this issue, so don't assume everyone is the same as you. Even Berz had the issue he discovered fixed.

Well, I hope this issue is found and corrected soon, because I am not imagining it. I love XBMC, and I would like it to be so user friendly that anybody can install it and enjoy it. But currently I see there are issues, maybe minor in programming, but major in perception that need to be fixed to get to that point where I can take this amazing SW to my computer illiterate dad and tell him "Here, install it, you won't have any problem using it". I am having a hard time searching the web for each one of the little problems I encounter and their soluition is not always at hand. And I have computer engineering degree. Lets hope for the best.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Thumbnails lost after Frodo upgrade0