Bug Playback of video starts with subtitles on
I have TV recordings on my PC made with Mediaportal and when I play them with Raspbmc/OpenElec, the subtitles are showing by default so I have to press the subtitle button to turn them off, which gets a bit annoying. Is there a way to set this to default disabled?

EDIT: Actually seems this is for all video, not just TV recordings so I've edit the title accordingly.
See subtitles (wiki)
Thanks. So I see there's a workaround which involves opening the OSD, disabling subtitles and saving, which saves this as default for all videos. The wiki is rather contradictory as it says "There is no global ON/OFF setting for subtitles, as this setting is stored on a per-video basis, but you can quickly set the setting on all videos by manually changing it using the OSD", so clearly there is a global setting and it's not stored per video, it just has to be toggled via the OSD and is not accessible from Settings.

I'd highly recommend an option be added to Settings to allow the user to toggle default on/off for subtitles or just change the current code from default on to default off, which I think would suit most users better, as having to do this via the OSD is not very user-friendly.
It means that there's no specific subtitle "switch". There is a default setting for videos, but all videos can contain individual settings. It's worded like this because a lot of users will turn it off in the OSD settings but wonder why those settings don't apply to another video (without selecting the "save as default" option). There are already plans to improve subtitle settings/setup for future XBMC versions.
Great, look forward to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback of video starts with subtitles on0