Frodo rc2 Issues
Exclamation 
Glad to see some improvements being made. I do notice some strange things going on in the Frodo version using the default Confluence skin.

After about an hour of streaming any content from my NAS server the audio goes out and the video slows down to almost stopped frames. Stopping and resuming the video fixes the problem right away, and it continues on just fine. This has never happened under Eden or prior versions.

Frodo loses all audio on Mac Mini if TV hooked up to it is turned off and back on while leaving XBMC on. Eden never did this. It is an HDMI hookup. Generally requires an XBMC restart.

Repeatedly get a Watchlist broken nag even though I keep choosing to disable it. I can't seem to find any reference to it in addons section. If I disable it, it should stop nagging me.

Many addons like YouTube have been broken in transition from beta to release candidate. I assume due to a Python version update or something?

This is also an Eden problem: why is it when I select Wide Banners, I get stretched posters on all TV shows until I refresh every single show individually? If I refresh a show, the poster goes away and the proper banner then displays correctly automatically. Real pain in the butt. Also, Prefer Posters is turned off in settings (not that I see this setting making any difference on anything).

These are just obvious things that just stand out to me. I can live with most of the other bugs and stability. Very good work overall. Can't wait until final comes out.
(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: After about an hour of streaming any content from my NAS server the audio goes out and the video slows down to almost stopped frames. Stopping and resuming the video fixes the problem right away, and it continues on just fine. This has never happened under Eden or prior versions.

It's probably an issue with the streaming itself. Have you tried streaming through a different protocol (e.g. NFS instead of Samba)?

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Frodo loses all audio on Mac Mini if TV hooked up to it is turned off and back on while leaving XBMC on. Eden never did this. It is an HDMI hookup. Generally requires an XBMC restart.

I think this is a known issue.

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Repeatedly get a Watchlist broken nag even though I keep choosing to disable it. I can't seem to find any reference to it in addons section. If I disable it, it should stop nagging me.

Can you uninstall it?

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Many addons like YouTube have been broken in transition from beta to release candidate. I assume due to a Python version update or something?

It's a beta version at best, what do you expect?

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: This is also an Eden problem: why is it when I select Wide Banners, I get stretched posters on all TV shows until I refresh every single show individually? If I refresh a show, the poster goes away and the proper banner then displays correctly automatically. Real pain in the butt. Also, Prefer Posters is turned off in settings (not that I see this setting making any difference on anything).

This is not exactly a solution, more like a workaround. You can refresh metadata (including banners and other art) for all your TV shows by changing the scraper to something other than TVDB (I assume you're using that one), choosing "No" when it asks if you want to do a re-scan, then change it back to TVDB although this time answering "Yes" to the question.
[/quote]

For watchlist, just go to your addons folder and delete it. It will stop nagging you.
Why don't you just hit yes when it says it's broken
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: After about an hour of streaming any content from my NAS server the audio goes out and the video slows down to almost stopped frames. Stopping and resuming the video fixes the problem right away, and it continues on just fine. This has never happened under Eden or prior versions.

It's probably an issue with the streaming itself. Have you tried streaming through a different protocol (e.g. NFS instead of Samba)?

Not in Frodo. I am currently using SAMBA on 6 other different Eden boxes without issue. I have the one Frodo box right now that was on Eden that didn't show any issues. Only when I upgraded this box from Eden to Frodo did the problem arise just on this box. All other Eden boxes are running perfectly. I assure you it's specifically related to Frodo with SAMBA only.

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Frodo loses all audio on Mac Mini if TV hooked up to it is turned off and back on while leaving XBMC on. Eden never did this. It is an HDMI hookup. Generally requires an XBMC restart.

I think this is a known issue.
Okay, I thought maybe but wasn't sure.

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Repeatedly get a Watchlist broken nag even though I keep choosing to disable it. I can't seem to find any reference to it in addons section. If I disable it, it should stop nagging me.

Can you uninstall it?
I haven't figured out how to do this since it doesn't show up in any addon list, even after using the search tool. It must be some triggered script invoked in the background.

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: Many addons like YouTube have been broken in transition from beta to release candidate. I assume due to a Python version update or something?

It's a beta version at best, what do you expect?
Yeah, I agree. Seems interesting that things are breaking rather than being fixed esp. in the 2nd release candidate, but I'm sure this is normal.

(2012-12-26, 22:25)kadeschs Wrote: This is also an Eden problem: why is it when I select Wide Banners, I get stretched posters on all TV shows until I refresh every single show individually? If I refresh a show, the poster goes away and the proper banner then displays correctly automatically. Real pain in the butt. Also, Prefer Posters is turned off in settings (not that I see this setting making any difference on anything).

This is not exactly a solution, more like a workaround. You can refresh metadata (including banners and other art) for all your TV shows by changing the scraper to something other than TVDB (I assume you're using that one), choosing "No" when it asks if you want to do a re-scan, then change it back to TVDB although this time answering "Yes" to the question.

This didn't work. Actually changed some of them back to posters again.

(2012-12-27, 00:47)clubwerks Wrote: For watchlist, just go to your addons folder and delete it. It will stop nagging you.

Yep, I did some digging in the script folder and found that it's no longer supported and to delete the folders. It also supplied this solution:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142389
Edit: Just found out from the XBMC team that this solution isn't open to everyone to just drop in. You must post logs, etc. and I guess prove to them there is a problemHuh Oh well, not worth going through another hassle.
(2012-12-27, 00:50)Martijn Wrote: Why don't you just hit yes when it says it's broken

I do. And a couple hours later, it displays again (and again, and again, and again). There is also a randomandlastitems that displays after the Watchlist one. They are related. I don't know the real significance of these items.
To remedy the Samba issue, have you tried mounting the network share directly in the OS instead of using XBMC's builtin client?
Quote:Edit: Just found out from the XBMC team that this solution isn't open to everyone to just drop in. You must post logs, etc. and I guess prove to them there is a problem ?? Oh well, not worth going through another hassle.

No one thinks that someone is lying about issues or bugs when they post about them. We ask for logs because we need the logs to know what's going on under the hood and how we might be able to fix the issue. Very few problems are easy to figure out by description alone, due to how configurable XBMC and how many different configurations of hardware and software XBMC can be installed on. We're not asking you to prove anything, we're asking you to give us something we need to fix it for you.

That being said, if you are being nagged about an add-on being broken, then it's possible (a debug log would instantly tell me) that your addon.db file is corrupt (this is a simple file that keeps track of if add-ons are enabled/disabled, among other things). A lot of people don't know to check this because it's rarely an issue, but I'm aware of the issue because it came up a lot during the beta testing of XBMC for iOS last year. It's not something I would expect most people to know about, let alone ask about. It still might not be the issue for you, since there's no debug log to look at and say.

It might be hard to believe, but other people might not have the same issues you have. I certainly do not, and I've been using Frodo every day. At the same time, I probably have issues that you don't have. There's just too many factors involved to assume anything.

Regarding YouTube, we don't make the YouTube add-on, people in the XBMC community do. We do not fix things in that add-on (but we do assist add-on developers when they ask for help). Very few add-ons are made by Team XBMC, but we have a lot of resources and notification given to all the add-on developers to warn them about changes and to help them fix these things. While we tried to avoid it, release fell on December again, and it's a very busy time for a lot of people.
(2012-12-27, 12:19)Ned Scott Wrote:
Quote:Edit: Just found out from the XBMC team that this solution isn't open to everyone to just drop in. You must post logs, etc. and I guess prove to them there is a problem ?? Oh well, not worth going through another hassle.

No one thinks that someone is lying about issues or bugs when they post about them. We ask for logs because we need the logs to know what's going on under the hood and how we might be able to fix the issue. Very few problems are easy to figure out by description alone, due to how configurable XBMC and how many different configurations of hardware and software XBMC can be installed on. We're not asking you to prove anything, we're asking you to give us something we need to fix it for you.

That being said, if you are being nagged about an add-on being broken, then it's possible (a debug log would instantly tell me) that your addon.db file is corrupt (this is a simple file that keeps track of if add-ons are enabled/disabled, among other things). A lot of people don't know to check this because it's rarely an issue, but I'm aware of the issue because it came up a lot during the beta testing of XBMC for iOS last year. It's not something I would expect most people to know about, let alone ask about. It still might not be the issue for you, since there's no debug log to look at and say.

It might be hard to believe, but other people might not have the same issues you have. I certainly do not, and I've been using Frodo every day. At the same time, I probably have issues that you don't have. There's just too many factors involved to assume anything.

Regarding YouTube, we don't make the YouTube add-on, people in the XBMC community do. We do not fix things in that add-on (but we do assist add-on developers when they ask for help). Very few add-ons are made by Team XBMC, but we have a lot of resources and notification given to all the add-on developers to warn them about changes and to help them fix these things. While we tried to avoid it, release fell on December again, and it's a very busy time for a lot of people.
Fair enough. I misunderstood the post. I had eventually found the underlying issue of the initial addon being broken but was wondering what "dependencies not met" meant. That's why i didnt post any logs. Does it mean Frodo can't run it, or I need to do something in addition to just installing it? I'm was just trying to get a good understanding of what certain things mean.
Hi,

I also get the watchlist add on an about it being broken in the repository, but I have answered yes to disable it about 30 times now and it still appears.

Would it be possible for you to post what you did to fix the issue?

I have Frodo RC2 installed.

Thanks.
I went to the userdata directory and manually deleted this plugin's directory and restarted XBMC. There apparently is no way to get rid if it within XBMC. That's why even though I love XBMC, I still feel its more for the enthusiast. You still have to get under the hood and get your hands dirty from time to time.
(2013-01-03, 02:43)kadeschs Wrote: I went to the userdata directory and manually deleted this plugin's directory and restarted XBMC. There apparently is no way to get rid if it within XBMC. That's why even though I love XBMC, I still feel its more for the enthusiast. You still have to get under the hood and get your hands dirty from time to time.

Now I'm certain that this is an issue with the addon DB file. If you go to

userdata (wiki)/database/

and delete the file "Addons15.db"

that will cause XBMC to create a fresh one. This file simply keeps track of add-ons that are installed, need updates, are disabled, etc. Deleting it should cause fresh settings to show all installed add-ons as enabled, allowing you to disable or uninstall add-ons, once more. This should help you in the future, as right now you still have the bad addon DB file.
(2013-01-03, 06:33)Ned Scott Wrote: and delete the file "Addons15.db

Deleting this file and restarting XBMC did nothing for me to resolve this problem. I tried this before deleting this addon's folder. The problem arised when I updated from Eden to Frodo. Whether the update affected Addons15.db or not, I don't know, but deleting the directory removed the addon from XBMC.
Thank you.

I ended up closing down xbmc, deleting the watchlist & random items scripts from the addons directory. Then removed Addons15.db and restarted xbmc.

Everything is now working correctly, with no annoying nag screens about watchlist and random items.
(2013-01-03, 13:50)kadeschs Wrote: Deleting this file and restarting XBMC did nothing for me to resolve this problem. I tried this before deleting this addon's folder. The problem arised when I updated from Eden to Frodo. Whether the update affected Addons15.db or not, I don't know, but deleting the directory removed the addon from XBMC.

hmm, very odd.
(2013-01-03, 14:33)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 13:50)kadeschs Wrote: Deleting this file and restarting XBMC did nothing for me to resolve this problem. I tried this before deleting this addon's folder. The problem arised when I updated from Eden to Frodo. Whether the update affected Addons15.db or not, I don't know, but deleting the directory removed the addon from XBMC.

hmm, very odd.

I had no problems with them being marked broken. Seen more of these reports but wouldn't know where the problem is
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo rc2 Issues0