Show image name in slideshow (with modifications)
Hi,

I'd like to show the image name (and even better, run a regexp on it first) when the slideshow screensaver runs. I am randomly showing about 15000 images, all named with their description (I know, I'm crazy. No need to mention it in replying Blush). The format is usually an index and a description (i.e. '12 30th birthday, September 2004.jpg'). I'd like to filter out the index and suffix, and display it on the screen. An even better thing would be to show it with a text color and a shade so it is always shown, regardless of the background.

Now, I couldn't find anything similar in any add-on, so I'd like one of the following:
1) Someone point me to an exisiting option to do that
2) Someone guides me on how to manipulate the existing slideshow
3) Someone guides me on how to create my own slideshow add-on, without the trouble of actually handling the JPG manipulation, by using something built in into XBMC/Python

Of course, if it comes to writing code, I'll try to make it so that the regex being applied on the name is user defined, possibly supporting a few patterns, so it is more useful to others Cool

I am a software engineer with some knowledge in Python, so I guess I can handle it. I will, of course, publish the new add-on, if it comes to writing one.

Thanks!
Oren
I've suggested exactly this earlier (see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12349), but it doesn't seem any of the developers are really interested in doing it. So I'd be very happy if something was done. I don't think I can do much to help though, I know very little of Python Sad

/Daniel
You may want to follow this thread, as this member is already diving into the code to try to do the same thing: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149852
i'm willing to have a look at it (if nobody gets to it before i find the time to do so).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show image name in slideshow (with modifications)0