Get controller button actions
hey, i've been researching the hell out of this problem and i can't figure out the solution.
first, where do i get a list of the numbers for the different buttons. i looked in keymap.xml, it doesn't say anything, i searched through the cvs for a bit.. no go (i'm just using sourceforge's cvs though)
second, how do i get the black, white, blue, red, and yellow buttons to activate? i thought the action code for the blue button was 9 based on some stuff i found, but when i wrote the code to handle an action with that value, it is never called. i want to make it so that when the user presses the blue (x) button, the visualization is pulled up, but with a threaded overlay i've created. i got the overlay working but have no way to activate it in my main script Image
i may be talking out of my hat here but i don't think we can acces all buttons in python. i can't seem to get either the black or the y buttons to work.

courtesy of bigbellybilly's mytv script, these ones work at least:

action_x_button = 18 # x
action_parent_dir = 9 # b
action_select_item = 7 # a
action_show_info = 117 # white button
action_previous_menu = 10 # back button

action_move_left = 1 # dpad
action_move_right = 2 # dpad
action_move_up = 3 # dpad
action_move_down = 4 # dpad
action_page_up = 111 # trigger left
action_page_down = 112 # trigger right

if anyone has a of accessing black or y buttons let us know.
thanks, yesterday i found a list with all of the action numbers. in one of the stickies for this thread, no less. it made me feel like a douche for not doing enough research before posting; however, when i tested the codes, the ones i wanted didn't work. hopefully using your list of codes that work i can add the extra little bit of functionality to my code that i've written, but been unable to find a button to call it. the code works in it's own separate script. now just to see if one of these action codes will make it work in the big script. w00t
:bowdown:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get controller button actions0