OS X Frodo library update stuck on 'Preparing...'
Hi.
Have been using Frodo RC1 for a while with no problems. On starting XBMC today, the library update window just shows 'Preparing...' and most actions in XBMC result in it hanging.

I've tried updating to RC2 but the problem remains. Have also tried removing sources to see if I can start afresh, but still just hangs on me.

Any help on sorting this much appreciated.

Ralph
debug log (wiki) will tell us what's going on.
Thanks for the reply Ned.

I am sorry, but due to peer pressure to get it working so we could watch a movie, I ended up deleting the whole XBMC user library directory in OSX and installing from fresh - so it's working again now.

Brute force I know ... so can't provide any further diagnostics.

I guess I should have just done that to start with....

No worries. It could have just been some weird RC1 to RC2 thing.
Im running Frodo RC2 on 2 separate machines, in trying to re-import the exported library XBMC freezes. I have tried this on 2 different machines with the same result, once i select import total freeze. I have installed, reinstalled with the same problem, any suggestions?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you import?
I've been running into this issue as well.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11317
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11318

Rebooting my Mac generally fixes, but this problem will recur eventually.
Also having this issue, and in the current state my XBMC installation is permanently stuck on "preparing" every time I launch it.

XBMC log: Removed as issue is resolved.

UPDATE: Fixed the issue by going into saved credentials on my PC and adding the SMB password for the shared folder.
Start -> run -> netplwiz -> advanced -> manage passwords -> windows credentials -> add a windows credential -> network address: \\NAMEOFSHARE

As soon as this was added, the library refreshed and everything is working fine now Smile
Got this problem on Frodo 12.3 (Win 8.1) and this still solves it.

(2013-04-13, 23:41)NmEizzle Wrote: Also having this issue, and in the current state my XBMC installation is permanently stuck on "preparing" every time I launch it.

XBMC log: Removed as issue is resolved.

UPDATE: Fixed the issue by going into saved credentials on my PC and adding the SMB password for the shared folder.
Start -> run -> netplwiz -> advanced -> manage passwords -> windows credentials -> add a windows credential -> network address: \\NAMEOFSHARE

As soon as this was added, the library refreshed and everything is working fine now Smile
(2013-12-30, 16:14)pela020 Wrote: Got this problem on Frodo 12.3 (Win 8.1) and this still solves it.

Thanks for the update, but this is a Mac OSX thread. Please direct post to appropriate category.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo library update stuck on 'Preparing...'0