First HTPC. Is this an okay setup?
I'm getting ready to build my HTPC and I wanted to run it by everyone first. I've built a number of machines in the past, but never a small form factor HTPC before. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

The plan is to see how the stock cooler does, then upgrade to the Big Shuriken 2 if needed (It seems to be out of stock/discontinued on newegg. I found it on Amazon).
Also, when I have the dollars, I'll probably add the Panasonic UJ240 Blu-ray dive so I can play straight from discs.

Does this all fit together? Will it run without too much extra heat?

Case: SilverStone Sugo Series SG6b-USB3.0 with 300W PS $129.99 w/ $10 rebate
Mobo: ASRock A75M-ITX $89.99
APU: AMD A6-3500 $64.99
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 4GB $14.99
SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 64GB $74.99

Total price: $374.95
Anybody have any suggestions?
Hi mew1033....

Everything looks perfect... yes try the stock cpu cooler first and see how you like it. It may just be fine in that case since you will have the fan in front of the case blowing back on the mother board.... just make sure in bios you keep that cpu fan rpm's down.

If anything when there is cash you can buy the big shuriken but that means you have to redo the system because you need to take the motherboard out... I believe the big shuriken fits under the stock power supply? I think I seen a picture somewhere.... don't take my word for it.. Smile if it was me I would buy the big shuriken and get it over with.... Smile
Thanks Beer40oz! I think I'm going to go for it!
Unfortunately, my RAM is currently out of stock. Ugh. However, I'm pretty sure that I can just get two of this memory stick instead. Does that sound right?

(2012-12-29, 10:37)Beer40oz Wrote: yes try the stock cpu cooler first and see how you like it. It may just be fine in that case since you will have the fan in front of the case blowing back on the mother board.... just make sure in bios you keep that cpu fan rpm's down.

I'm waiting for A6 5400k ...could you tell me if Scythe Ninja Mini can be mounted on this cpu ?

thank you
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC. Is this an okay setup?0