C++ Assertion Failed Possible Solution (Worked For Me anyways)
There Have been a number of posts regarding the mysterious line 2195 Assertion Failed

Anyways I think I have found a possible reason for that.

the offending file is probably a MKV file. Matroska chapter specifications contain a ChapterUID tag. For each chapter in the xml file the UID needs to be Unique. I've noticed that Handbrake does not always make them unique. That's when I get this problem.

Solution: extract the chapters.xml from the mkv (MKVcleaver works for me). open the xml and change any duplicate ChapterUID tags to be unique. then use mkvmerge to remux the chapters back in. (don't forget to deselect the chapters track and add the xml file in the chapter section of the global tab.)

Hope This Helps
Code:
mkvextract chapters Movie.mkv > chapters.xml
grep ChapterUID chapters.xml | sort | uniq -d
vi chapters.xml
mkvpropedit Movie.mkv -c chapters.xml

Above instructions for Linux, use notpaed instead of vi for windows and the same process should work.

Not difficult at all, just takes some time. Someone could probably write a quick perl/python/etc script to just create unique ChapterUID for every chapter. Too bad Handbrake is messing that up. Time to file a bug with Handbrake.
I tried running these MKV tools on my Windows 7 machine, and they keep throwing errors upon launch, so i can't get them to work. Has anyone been able to get this to work, because i'm having a problem with one movie, and it's throwing off everything in my library. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
C++ Assertion Failed Possible Solution (Worked For Me anyways)0