[Windows] Can you PVR while watching local media content
I have XBMC on Windows 8 and use NPVR. I was recording an analog show from Video 1 and went to watch a TV Show from my local media library and noticed that it stops the PVR from recording and LiveTV functions.

A. Did I just mess something up in the setup?

B. If not, is this a NextPVR Limitation that would be overcome by using a different back-end on my Hauppauge card?

C. If not, is this an XBMC Limitation?

If yes, are there intentions to have it be able to play local content while allowing the LiveTV function to PVR in the background during future releases?

Thanks in advance!
It must be D because you playback of recordings shouldn't impact current recordings.

Martin
Yeah...

Just to be clear - I'm talking about Recording Live TV while watching a Movie or TV Show that's on a HDD or NAS and isn't a LiveTV Recording. Just find it weird that it can't do it.
Recording if I remember correctly is handled by the backend
(2012-12-28, 07:47)a_team Wrote: Just to be clear - I'm talking about Recording Live TV while watching a Movie or TV Show that's on a HDD or NAS and isn't a LiveTV Recording. Just find it weird that it can't do it.

What do you mean be recording live TV? Via the backend you are either recording, watching an in-progress recording or watching liveTV. An an analog channel if you tell NextPVR to record it it does not save the playback buffer it records from where you tell it to record until the end of the current show only.

Martin
Weird... I tried it again tonight and it worked. I was recording a show from Live TV on the Tuner's Coax OTA-ATSC and watched a Family Guy episode from my network NAS and it worked, it didn't stop the recording like last time.

I then tried recording a show on the Tuner's SVideo input and watched a Family Guy episode from my network NAS and it work.

I don't know why it didn't work before, it used to stop my PVR recording that was in progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Can you PVR while watching local media content1