Metro UI Integration
Hello all, let me first just say that XBMC it by far the best media project out there. I have been using it since 9.0 and have loved it all. I currently run it on every TV in my house (5 TVs) via dedicated PC per TV, and have a dedicated Media server hosting the library to the rest of the house. I use Ember Media Manager to scrape tv/movie info, posters and fan art. Beyond all this, I recently upgraded all my PCs to Windows 8 Pro. In my adventures through metro UI and my interest in XBMC, i found a nice app called XBMC Remote +. Along with all of the android phones int he house that currently use the remote app, which works beautifully i may add, when on the laptop, this app makes controlling allt he tvs a breeze without having to put it down. The layout of the App is superb, and makes picking movies a tv shows rather enjoyable. The only drawback to the app is that you cannot use it to control an instance of XBMC on the PC hosting the app. But the UI is so well thoguht out, and follows the metro UI and windows phone 8 layout schemes rather well. I was wondering if there is any plan for Metro UI integration with XBMC, almost like using a Metro UI app as a frontend to control XBMC on the backend. I know that XBMC may be used as a frontend for a multitude of software platforms, as i currently use it as a frontend for mediaportal with my tv tuners on a couple of the Tvs int he house. I mainly use the pcs that are connected to the TVs as media only, and dont do much web surfing or really much of anything else ont hem, but having a metro UI frontend for XBMC would allow for quick access to not only all of your media, but to other features of the windows 8 platform as well, and when i saw the xbmc remote + app and the way it was layed out i thought that would be a great start, as it is very attractive. Anyway, just my thoughts. thanx and i look forward to all the future releases from XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metro UI Integration0