Req Audio Language Filter
Exclamation 
Now with the new advanced library filtering features of the XBMC Frodo (RC) release I would love to see one feature I've been missing in almost every media center or media player application:

Find your videos by the language of the audio stream

I am sure there are lots of foreign XMBC and movie fans out there which own movies in their foreign language but love to watch movies in their original audio version. For example, I own movies with English audio, movies with German audio and movies in dual language with German and English audio version muxed into one mkv video file. Sometimes even with directors commentaries.

If I ever make this mistake again: "Lets watch this romance movie ... it should be in German ... ooops, sorry, no German, English track only" I get killed by my wife. You don't want me to get killed, do you? Any help on surviving? Please! Wink

Would a "Multiple Selection" filter for movies and TV shows be possible?

Searching for movies with German audio stream could look like this:

Browse for audio language
  • unknown
  • English
  • German
  • Russian
  • French
  • Japanese

Can I maybe help making a language filter option possible?
Why not make a smart playlist? Just made one in the GUI.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Japanese</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="audiolanguage" operator="is">
        <value>jpn</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
+1 for filter

-1 for Smart Playlist
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV
A Smart Playlist is a filter.
The purpose is not to have to go through creating a playlist and listing the movies through the playlist menu
But rather have a sort/filter on the left pane of the regular library view
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV
Then I'm not sure you understand the power of SmartPlaylists, as they are dynamic playlists that automatically filter based on the defined criteria., they are NOT static playlists which you have to manually add stuff to. With the right skin they can be added to the Home screen and they can also be used as the basis of a custom video node.
I think he's saying he wants it as an option in the advanced filter (wiki). What would be awesome is if there was a way to customize the advanced filter using any of the smart playlist filter options.
I was looking to this kind of filtering and my problem is not for movies but for TV shows.. it's not very useful because you can make a smart play list for episodes but you can't group for TV shows..
Hi again,

I have tried to play with the smart playlists to have a french audio containing movies list
I couldn't make it work...

I need more time to train on the smart playlists, but that's also why I think even if possible, a filter would benefit even non smart playlist experts
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Language Filter1