cannot scrape tv shows
The Simpsons would simply need to be named The.Simpsons.s00e57.<extension>

When in doubt, do to thetvdb and name the shows EXACTLY as they have them. If you're trying to scrape them with only the episode name and not the proper numbering, it's not going to work. It doesn't need the episode name, it needs the number.

Eddie Murphy is Eddie.Murphy.s01e03 for One Night Only, FYI.
tried that with eddie murphy, did not work
Well, that's what it is. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...7569&lid=7

If it's not scraping, you need to check your source setup.
ok, when I put [1 x 1] with episode name, I get banner art, I cannot get episode info. The source setup appears to be correct. also, it is not adding the show as tv show in pull down section with movies, files, etc.
(2013-01-02, 09:51)toki5 Wrote: also, it is not adding the show as tv show in pull down section with movies, files, etc.

Huh??

What does this mean?

Maybe post a screenshot or something.
(2013-01-01, 04:44)toki5 Wrote: I set it up just like you did, without the avi at the end, everything else is exactly the same.
So, what's the file extension of your video file then? It's looking for a video file (avi, mkv, mpg, etc.) for your episode.
i have file extensions on other files in folders of programs. They are all the same. They will read the episodes even, they will not download info for the shows. They will download banner art. they will not show under tv show in the pulldown area on main sceen where you point over video, then pulldown with movies, tv shows, files, etc. I am so frustrated with this. I can scrape movies just fine, its only tv shows i have problems with.
(2013-01-02, 10:37)toki5 Wrote: i have file extensions on other files in folders of programs.
(2013-01-01, 04:44)toki5 Wrote: I set it up just like you did, without the avi at the end, everything else is exactly the same.
So which is it? Do you have file extensions for your video files or not? I'm not talking about other program files you may have on other folders on your system. I only care about whether or not you have valid file extensions on your TV video files that will be recognized by the scraper as such.

(2013-01-02, 10:56)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 10:37)toki5 Wrote: i have file extensions on other files in folders of programs.
So which is it? Do you have file extensions for your video files or not? I'm not talking about other program files you may have on other folders on your system. I only care about whether or not you have valid file extensions on your TV video files that will be recognized by the scraper as such.

I took it to mean that he had file extensions, just not .avi.
@toki5 Where are the files located in relation to the device running XBMC? Are they on the same computer, or are they being accessed via a networked connection? If the latter, what protocol are you using to connect to them (e.g. smb, nfs, ftp, upnp)?
with the dvd folder, which is the monty python folder, I did not put any sort of file extension. With my other folders, there are file extension after the file names. avi, m4v, and so on, the dvd folders are theonly files with no extension after the file names.
(2013-01-02, 20:08)toki5 Wrote: with the dvd folder, which is the monty python folder, I did not put any sort of file extension. With my other folders, there are file extension after the file names. avi, m4v, and so on,
Let's be clear on the terminology here. Folders are containers and they typically do not have file extensions associated with their names. Are you perhaps referring to the actual video files contained within these folders?
Quote:the dvd folders are theonly files with no extension after the file names.
So you're saying you use no file extensions on the actual video files contained within your so-called DVD folders? What is the format of those files?

At this point, you need to enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, run a library update and, when it completes, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) and examine it to see why the show isn't being picked up. If you want others to look at your log as well, upload its entire contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log with your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cannot scrape tv shows0