Edit title from "file browser"
A suggestion;

Since there are no support to add something to the title for movies from different sources I would really like it if it was possible to rename a title from the file browser, not only from the library.

This way it would be a lot easier to distinguish for example 3D movies etc.

I always use the browser when I make a fresh install (and scan) to see if everything is scraped (or scraped correctly) and it would be a lot easier if it was possible to rename titles from there.

Not a big problem, I use nfo files now, but since there are no "automatic" way to do this (at least in Confluence...?) a "rename title" in file browser would help out a lot.

Hope this explains enough, not a big "issue" but perhaps an easy fix.
I second this.
You mean to rename the file itself? If so, we already do that (enable via Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> Allow file renaming and deletion).
No, I meant "Edit title", same as under library mode.
When you bring up the context menu in file mode edit title is not an option (like in Library).

As I said, small "issue", but I have 7 different installs (different platforms, I believe I have all of them Smile ), and I cannot keep my fingers away from tweaking and testing different versions of XBMC and if I could edit title (not file name) directluy under the source in file mode it would be much easier.

Just an example, I have many movies in 3D, but I have most of them in 2D as well.
To be able to distinguish the 3D movies I add "3D:" in the title.

An other example, I have a lot of stand-up shows. Stand-up is not included in genres so I add "Stand-up:" tot the title.
This way I can make a smart playlist for stand-up.

The reason it is easier is that I have many sources for different material, for example all 3D movies in one place etc..

I use this for more reasons as well, but like I said I try to use nfo-files from now on and it works well, but sometimes I add another source or I would like to clean the library and make a fresh install.
Ah, I see now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit title from "file browser"0