SMB file display
I am using the SMB protocol to connect to a shared folder on my system. But I am getting a strange effect.

when I connect via smb, the content is displayed exactly like it is on my machine (same file names, i.e no scraping) even though when setting up the folder I told xbmc that it contained 'tv shows' and to scrap from tvdb.com

if how ever I connect to the my media drive directly, the date gets scraped, and the files and folders are renamed according to thetvdb.com and displayed fan art.

how can I solve this issue, I am getting a raspberry pi soon and smb is how I would like it to connect to my drive yet I would like the TV shows to display like they do when connected directly (scraped by tvdb)

all the best!
There are two ways to view your media. File mode and Library mode. You always have access to both. Using the default skin you can easily access Library mode by choosing the Library you want to access from the main menu. TV Shows and Movies are hidden if there is no library. Once you scan items successfully into the library, those item will appear on the home menu (unless you have turned them off in the skin settings). Under Videos on the main menu you have access to files and library as well as add-ons. Try going through those menu items and see if things appear as expected.
thank you for your reply,

how do i selectively choose between library mode and file mode? When I have added the drive manually it automatically goes to library mode, yet via smb it seems to automatically go to file mode, despite both being assigned as TV to sync with thetvdb
I state how to do that above. You can also review the wiki for more information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB file display0