Multiple speaker sets using raspberry pi?
Hi,

I have a 5.1 setup in my TV area but when playing music in the whole apartment it gets kind of annoying because on the other side its quite quiet. I was hoping to use something like a raspberry pi to send sound to another set of speakers with a separate amp. I was wondering if there is any sort of solution for this or if the audio will be synced?

Thanks!
Any ideas if something like this has been tried before? I've seen a few threads on multi-room/zone setups, but nothing particularly like this
Better of getting the mod to move this thread to Hardware for XBMC. I saw this question earlier, and you haven't really articulated the issue other than the other side is too quiet. So you want to run a second installation XBMC on a pi and connect to another set of 5.1 speakers? Want to use the pi as an amplifier? Want to sync two sound sources? Clearify pls.

I have a stereo pass through to my flat panel, hooked to a amp... and there is a very small micro sec delay between the amps enough to give a hall effect, which mostly is annoying, so I just mute the panel. Pretty hard to sync audio sources especially if they're from separate hardware.

I use one of these to wireless send the audio signal to my back speakers:
http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/produc...whtib.html

But I do have a 350ms delay for my front speakers and that's barely enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple speaker sets using raspberry pi?0