XBMC won't start on Raspberry Pi
I Installed XMBC on my Raspberry Pi over Christmas, very pleased with everything running well, however when I tried to run it this evening it just kept throwing up error messages and continually rebooting, if I disconnect the Ethernet lead it just hangs and despite spending time setting everything up over the last few days I decided that the only cure was to start from scratch and re-install it, however It's still exactly the same (although the Raspberry OS runs fine) after a bit of difficulty I managed to catch the error messages. TIA for any help.

gpu_mem=128
nit: ttyamao main process (600) killed by TERM signal n-dispatcher action:
caught signal 15. shutting down.
nit: disconnected from system bus
nit: delay-start-38 main process (647) killed by a TERM signal terminated
nit: update-checker main process (517) terminated with status
I've now managed to get it up and running, eventually after downloading the software and re-installing it three times, with differing results, I noticed that on the final 'successful' installation the Windows installer was slightly different to that of the previous downloads (although downloaded from the same site) it had a couple of extra options, one tick box being for manual installation, which I didn't use.

I have to confess that I'm not particularly computer literate and was given this little Raspberry Pi as a Christmas present, my main interest being to make a low power Media Centre that can be left on continuously without adding too much to my electricity bill, so far I have a solid state drive connected to it which plays prerecorded files fine, next step will be to try and add some kind of Freeview (preferably a DVB-T2) PVR device and hopefully will be able to seek advice from others doing something similar on this forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't start on Raspberry Pi0