Frequent stuttering with several 720p-Videos
Hey folks,

I'm just watching a 720p video, with 5.1 surround sound. Every 1' and about 10" the video stops for a seconds, resume playing for about 6" and starts playing again. Then it plays 1' and 10" and stops again, plays 6" and stops again, and so on, and so on. This just happends with some videos. Other 720p and even 1080p videos work perfect. I looked in the log files, and it didn't show anything! The strange thing is, that i viewed the very same file a few days again and it worked perfect.
Anybody knows whats wrong? Or how i can solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Does this video have DTS audio? Raspberry Pi is not powerful enough to decode DTS, you need to connect it to a receiver to successfully play these files.

Why it worked? Maybe the CPU usage was lower a few days ago or you used another build.
I dont have dts receiver and play smooth every mkv movie in 1080p and dts audio. No sutters, paused etc. I use NFS protocol.

My config:

initial_turbo=30
force_turbo=0
arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2

Thank you guys. I will check that. Currently i'm setting the system up again, because i thought it could be something wrong with the software.
Ok, i'm playing with the thought to change some frequencies in the config.txt. Can i additionally to the settings from rbej the set gpu_freq to 333, to get it some smoother?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frequent stuttering with several 720p-Videos0