Android Hide Nexus 7 soft buttons?
Can you hide the nexus 7 soft navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen during video playback.?

Also I'm assuming that without hardware acceleration you can output the audio from the movie using Bluetooth?

Try one of these solutions: Android_FAQ#navbar (wiki)
Thanks
Is there a built in solution for this within Gotham? Some other players in android don't need an external solution, any chance of having that included? Perhaps it's in the settings and I've just missed it?

(the player I'm thinking of is BSplayer, it goes full screen automatically)
(2012-12-31, 05:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Try one of these solutions: Android_FAQ#navbar (wiki)

In 2.3 on the link you provided its suggest trying CyanogenMod as a custom ROM. I assume this would get you the expanded full screen desktop.
If you do this, I have discovered in two different skins (Confluence & retouched) that button actions shift. The button itself moves with the expanded desktop (as expected) but the touch action remains in the same place on the screen. If the button moved up I have to touch the screen below the button to make it work. If the button moved down I have to touch the screen above the button to make it work.
Having to run a custom ROM can't be a dependency of wanting full screen XBMC. Other applications can do it on stock firmware, I'm just curious if this has been considered for XBMC.
I just noticed that the same thing happens on my Nexus 4, but the softbuttons come from the side, not the bottom. This ends up messing up the aspect ratio.
(2014-01-09, 04:19)locus123 Wrote: Having to run a custom ROM can't be a dependency of wanting full screen XBMC. Other applications can do it on stock firmware, I'm just curious if this has been considered for XBMC.

I know, right? Google fucked up big time with that. Other applications have hacked their way around it, but those methods didn't work for us for various technical reasons.

Really, what the heck was google thinking when they decided to force that stupid navbar? They thought people would get confused? At least they realized their error and provided a proper API on kitkat to hide it, but that won't help for XBMC v13 because we are already in feature freeze (else it would never end, adding new features, etc).
This really does put a damper on the Android user experience, but I understand your point; hopefully it's put in the hopper for v13.1. Smile As always, thanks for the clarification Ned.
It wasn't even an issue until ICS, then BAM, forced button bar.

However, there appears to be various tweaks that allow one to on-the-fly dismiss the bar, which seems to work very nicely with the current nightly builds. I'll investigate more and share what I find (just got a new Android toy to play with today).
Google finally delivered a standard solution in Kitkat for this.
The PR is ready but came after feature freeze (basically because I only got Kitkat around this time).

As this is a recurring request and I don't want to get it for the whole Gotham life cycle, I'll try to convince our release managers to include it.
Immersive mode merged for Kikat+
Woo!
Already installed it Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just wanted to say that this is awesome. Great job getting it added to Gotham. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Nexus 7 soft buttons?1