Frame rate Problems with 50 and 60hz video
Hi, I am getting jerkyness/juddering on sd content that switches to 50 or 60hz. 24Hz stuff plays great, I have selected to have xbmc switch to the needed hz. Synch to audio/video is off as it causes audio to gradually go out of synch more and move over time. Switching this to on (audio) makes it judder less but does not fix it. Both video options don't do a thing.

Deinterlace and all that is turned off, all video processing options on my tv are off.

This also does this on DVDs (using my ps3 for DVDs due to this.

Help?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
This is quite an important issue can someone help please? My topics keep getting ignored what is going on here?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Death-Axe,

It can be difficult for a helpful soul to start helping if there isn't enough information to start from. Certainly a debug log posted to xbmclogs.com would help someone see what's going on in the background, possiblly.

I notice that you have some info in your sig about your setup. But I can't quite tell how it's all hooked together -- AV receiver in the mix, connected up how, etc. A lot of time this info helps, if only to understand the setup better.

Ciao.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
PC is connected to the TV via HDMI, TV is an LG smart supporting full 1080p and 24p etc. Sound is connected via optical.

Here is a quick debug log, http://paste.ubuntu.com/1486356/ tried a movie avi and a DVD, for some reason it was not as bad as it was previous times but it did judder a little. From the looks of it its the audio discontinuity thing that plagued older builds, but was fixed by the audio engine guy.

So can someone help or what?
SPDIF connected to what? The Logitech z906 listed in your sig?

I think I see where you are playing the avi file. There are lots of complaints about it being a packed B frame avi, but I wouldn't know if that's actually an issue. Playing a non-packed, or unpacking the avi would be easy and quick enough test on that.

In with that error I see a lot StepForward instances that look like it comes from a keypress. Is that you skipping forward? There is almost always a dvdaudioplayer discontinuity message, but as you don't have the video/audio sync enabled, I wouldn't expect this to be of concern.

Between the avi and DVD playing, I saw a lot of UPNP messages. I don't know how to interpret those exactly (you doing DLNA somewhere?), but they appear to be updating alot.

Have you considered removing the latency advanced option and trying again? Maybe making a backup of your userdata folder and trying with a fresh one as a test might help determine if it's a corrupt config file or such.

Ciao.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
HI, turned off upnp as I was only using it for testing, I'll test further without it and post a log tomorrow.

As for the latency; without that my 24p content would be out of synch by 250ms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame rate Problems with 50 and 60hz video0