Need help with movies not showing up in library.
I am using windows 7 with XBMC 11.0 Eden for my media. I have all of my movies compressed via handbreak to MP4 files. When I added the file that contains all of the movies to XBMC only some of the movies are showing in the library. I used to use IMdB as my scraper but it seems to have recently broke, and switched to "The Movie Database". I'm not sure what is causing this problem. I'm fairly new to XBMC and appreciate any and all information/help with this problem. I hope i provided all the info you need and explained the situation. if not feel free to let me know. Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, scan your movie files directory for new content. When the scan completes, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), and examine it to see why the movies were not added. If you wish others to review your log, upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL to your uploaded log here with your reply.
Ok here is the log that it gave me. No idea what all the code means so any help is appreciated.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25196
What is your folder/file structure? It should be like this:

<Your drive letter>:\movies\
Name.of.Movie (Year according to IMDB)\Name.of.movie.<ext>
Name.of.Movie.2 (Year)\Name.of.movie.<ext>

Then in the source setup, select "movies are in separate folders that match movie titles."

Sure, there's other ways to do it, but this way works and it works every time.
F:\movies\MC MOVIES\
MC Movies is where all of the mp4 files of movies are. How would I set up the file structure you put?
(2013-01-01, 04:05)Thos2 Wrote: F:\movies\MC MOVIES\
MC Movies is where all of the mp4 files of movies are. How would I set up the file structure you put?

Typically, the folder structure is F:\movies\

Within that folder are folders for EACH movie. The name of the actual movie is almost completely irrelevant, if you name the folder properly.

For instance, if you were going to want to add the movies Chasing Amy and Clueless, it would be:

F:\movies\Clueless (1995)\clueless.mp4
F:\movies\Chasing Amy (1997)\chasing.amy.mp4

So, a separate folder for each movie. In your source setup, you select "movies are in separate folders that match movie titles."

If you do it that way it works 100% of the time AS LONG AS YOUR FOLDERS ARE NAMED PROPERLY. Basically, the folder name just needs to be the proper name of the movie and the year. If you have any doubts as to the proper name, go to imdb and cut and paste the name and year. Super easy.

Here's an example:

I'm sorry I'm a little confused by your examples. You have, F:\movies\Clueless (1995)\clueless.mp4 then in your screen shot the folders are labled 50.First.Dates.(2004)
Can I add all of the movies at once in one mass folder or do I need to add them one at a time?
you can update them all at once,
just make sure your folder structure is setup right
when adding the source choose the "C:\Movies\" as entry point.
then it will scrape all your movies at once
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-01-01, 09:31)Thos2 Wrote: I'm sorry I'm a little confused by your examples. You have, F:\movies\Clueless (1995)\clueless.mp4 then in your screen shot the folders are labled 50.First.Dates.(2004)
Can I add all of the movies at once in one mass folder or do I need to add them one at a time?

Those are folders. Geez man, work with me here. EACH FOLDER CONTAINS ONE MOVIE. I think I've typed that several times now.
You don't have to point the source at each individual folder for every movie. Just point the source at the folder which contains all the movie folders and click the button that says "movies are in separate folders that match movie titles."

It's pretty easy, I think you're overthinking it here.
Thank you all for the help and bearing with me. I finally got it all straight. Thank you again.
Easy right? Big Grin It really helps to use the proper folder structure. Makes it foolproof.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with movies not showing up in library.0