• 1(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
I wanted to give a heads up about a new AML8726-M6(MX) android set top box. It looks like a spaceship!
It's called the Tronsmart Prometheus.

Specs:
-1.5 Ghz dual core AmLogic AML8726-M6(MX) SOC
-Dual core Mali400 GPU
-1GB ram
-4GB storage
-3 usb ports
-sd card reader
-hdmi port
-ethernet
-wifi b/g/n(up to 150mbps)
-av port
-IR receiver
-Android 4.1.2
It comes with a real dc power adapter, hdmi cable, and user manual.

They've promised XBMC support(with hardware decoding). There is also a possibility that usb bluetooth will be supported.

I've been testing almost nothing but android tv sticks lately and really could use something a bit more stationary.
I know that the aml8726M3 is the current champion in XBMC set top boxes, but I really didn't want a single core.

Seems like the Prometheus will be the perfect set top box to replace my old ATV1 and allow me to finally turn off my power hungry HTPC for a least a bit.
So I ordered one from geekbuying for $99 shipped.
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart...13667.html

I also saw a quick story about it on cnx-software.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/12/31/t...ml8726-m6/

I just thought it was worth a mention.
I saw this a while ago on www.xbdroidmc.com but no official pictures only 3D - they were working with a company "Visson" that distributes the unit on an working XBMC for the unit. Definitely will be the best as its score on antuntu was about 3x the m3 version.
Hi,
Nice see that you are interested in our dual core spaceship.

for more information please contact me.
This is Shirley from Visson company.
interesting, but this doesn't seem to be 3D capable
as its HDMI port is 1.3 ....
Guys, I found this product reivew on liliputing.com; unlike other mini pc, this one does come with fictional design and multiple ports. Quite useful indeed.

I got a $3 OFF coupon for this product: VNZIQKWP. Wanna take a shot on this giz. Hope it won't fail me.
Under the hood the Tronsmart Prometheus is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core Amlogic AML8726-M6 ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Mali-400 graphics, 1GB Of RAM, and 4GB of storage.

That’s the same chip used in the G-Box Dyno and Diamond Multimedia AMP1000 media players. In other words, it’s not the fastest chip around, but it’s reasonably zippy and works with most Android apps and games, including YouTube and Netflix. You should also be able to run XBMC media center for Android on the Prometheus box.

Unlike many of the smaller Android TV sticks we’ve seen, the Prometheus has plenty of room for ports and features 3 USB 2.0 ports as well as HDMI and Ethernet jacks. It also has built-in support for 802.11b/g/n WiFi. the device runs Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
here we go again...
HAHAHAHA
That's one ugly design Shocked

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to put all these android player in a different subforum? I'm feeling the Hardware section is being overrun by these devices and it's hard to see what devices are actually any good.
+1. An Android sub or sibling forum would be a great idea.
(2013-01-08, 16:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: +1. An Android sub or sibling forum would be a great idea.

The problem is that users post these crap devices all over the place instead of just one thread
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-08, 16:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 16:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: +1. An Android sub or sibling forum would be a great idea.

The problem is that users post these crap devices all over the place instead of just one thread

Could you elaborate on "crap device" ? I was recommended this device by eskro on this board and have one on order.What am I missing? I understand that it is the same board in multiple units with different names and configurations. My understanding was that this could handle almost anything..i.e heavy skins. I am currently using XBMC for android with aux player on my tablet and is working well. I wanted an upgrade from my Pi. I was willing to buy a HTPC (Zotac) but this was reccomended as the "future"

Hmmmmmm
(2013-01-08, 16:58)Martijn Wrote:

Hence the sub-forum. Big Grin
(2013-01-09, 04:20)cormad Wrote: I wanted an upgrade from my Pi. I was willing to buy a HTPC (Zotac) but this was reccomended as the "future"

Hmmmmmm

and still is
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0