• 4(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-02-01, 17:36)deadhp1 Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:15)fremar Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 11:22)deadhp1 Wrote: I received new firmware for the Prometheus today. Fixes the AC3 audio problem, but the DTS audio problem still exists.(1 second static, 2 seconds audio)
Next firmware will hopefully fix it.

Are u decoding the audio on the Prometheus? Im not getting pass through of AC3/DTS audio via HDMI to my reciver to work even when I have audio settings in android set to hdmi pass through it sends the audio as PCM after booting the Prometheus. If I then set chose HDMI pass through again and try to play a mkv with DTS or AC3 I just get a constant static noice in from the reciver when playing the videos in MX Player. When I play the same videos in XBMC with the libstagefright builds I get the audio passed correctly to the reciver, but I dont get any picture at all.

Generally the audio static problem has been with decoding the AC3 and DTS on the prometheus. They fixed the AC3 problem.
HDMI passthrough is working for me just fine. No static for either audio streams.
Deadhp1,
What XBMC are you testing?
I've been testing most of them...so far I have no results using any of the amplayer builds. The Prometheus just isn't setup for it ATM.
The libstagefright build don't work right. I can play sd video using the sw player.
The unofficial external decoder builds work well using mx player...but that is not a proper solution and not what I am looking for in an XBMC box.
Same here no XBMC build works with HD movies. But the sound passed through with HDMI works in XBMC for me there I get DTS and AC3 sent correctly to my reciever. But in MX player etc I just get constant static instead and after a reboot the sound is sent as PCM even if HDMI passthrough looks like its set.

Feels like this box still have much to get fixed on...
If they only would have been GPL complient, we could have fixed it our selfs Wink
Anyone would think they are guarding state secrets.

If only they'd realise that by being GPL complient they'd sell so many more boxes.... too dumb to see that.

So another piece of worthless electronics destined to bite the dust. What a shame..... pmsl.
Yeah for now its useless as a mediacenter, only using it to play angry birds on the tv hehe.
(2013-02-02, 10:19)j1nx Wrote: If they only would have been GPL complient, we could have fixed it our selfs Wink

If they would release the sourcecode would it be possible to make a linux image with only XBMC for the box then?
yes.
I knew this box was good for something, it might inspired these guys;
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4616...f=category
(2013-02-07, 22:31)j1nx Wrote: I knew this box was good for something, it might inspired these guys;
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4616...f=category

Good one, hope you made a pledge Rofl
any Prometheus owners here? if so, PM me please, thx
Every one needs to know that Geekbuying and Vission(SP) has very poor product support. They told me three weeks ago that they would have firmware in a couple of days and asked"could I wait a few days" I replied of course I could wait two days......zzzzzz....zzzzz Three weeks later and nothing! False advertising at it's best. Now I guess they will learn the power of the internet and forums.

If you are looking for a good "unsupported door stop" buy a Tronsmart Prometheus. Sorry Pivos...I will do more homework next time!
The words you are looking for are; "Told you so."
Hehe yeah Im glad I dident buy this box, got the door stop for free, dunno what to do with it before the summer I dont really need a door stop.
avoid Prometheus box and GeekBuying at all costs!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0