Win Need help grouping movies (different languages) on XBMC 11.0
Exclamation 
Hi, I am new to this forum, so hello everyone. Been using WMC with Media Browser so far, but I always wanted to switch to XBMC and I am finally doing that on all my HTPC's and PC's at home (total of 5). I am following the guide the sync all the machines together and it is so far working very well. I have a couple of issues I need help with.

Issue 1:

I have multiple language movies in my collection, roughly about 400-500 in each language, and they are stored in individual folders in my media server (unRaid), under the specific language folder, here is an example of the folder structure:

English Movies - smb://TOWER/Movies/English Movies/Movie1 (2011) - ISO/Movie1 (2011).ISO
Malayalam Movies - smb://TOWER/Movies/Hindi Movies/Movie 1 (2006) - ISO/Movie 1 (2006).iso
French Movies - smb://TOWER/Movies/French Movies/Movie 1 (2006) - ISO/Movie 1 (2006).iso
Spanish Movies - smb://TOWER/Movies/Spanish Movies/Movie 1 (2006) - ISO/Movie 1 (2006).iso
Malayalam Movies - smb://TOWER/Movies/Malayalam Movies/Movie 1 (2006) - ISO/Movie 1 (2006).iso

Currently I have created multiple profiles for each language and kept the source separate - is that the best way to make sure that all the movies does not show up together, or is there another way to group them.

So that only English Movies would show under say a group called (currently this is the profile name) - Hollywood.

Issue 2:

I have the Youtube Addon enabled on my XBMC Eden (Win7) - but it seems to be broken (for me).

Here is an extract from the log of what seems to be causing the problem, the log file is here

Code:
14:30:27 T:1772  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:30:27 T:1772  NOTICE: YouTube-3.3.0
14:30:27 T:1772  NOTICE: CommonFunctions Beta-1.5.0
14:30:27 T:1772   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
14:30:27 T:1772   ERROR: Error Contents: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:20120321
14:30:27 T:1772   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Oommens\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 107, in <module>
                                                params = common.getParameters(sys.argv[2])
                                              File "C:\Users\Oommens\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib\CommonFunctions.py", line 110, in getParameters
                                                if getXBMCVersion() >= 12.0:
                                              File "C:\Users\Oommens\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib\CommonFunctions.py", line 102, in getXBMCVersion
                                                version = float(version)
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 11.0 Git:20120321
14:30:27 T:5984   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/login&action=settings&
14:30:27 T:5984   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/login&action=settings&) failed

Any and all help understanding what is causing this is appreciated.

Thanks - Abhi

Edited the title to focus on Issue 1
BTW, this bug seems to be fixed in version 12.0 - see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13863

Thanks,
Jacky
Thanks, jacky_romano, I've just fixed this error using that patch file ;-)
So, it won't be fixed in version 11? :-(
(2013-01-01, 21:35)jacky_romano Wrote: BTW, this bug seems to be fixed in version 12.0 - see http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13863

Thanks,
Jacky

Thanks for that.

Can anyone help with issue one? is that the best way to group movies together - or is creating sets better in any way?
The Profiles option doesn't seem like a bad method. You can also use v12 and things like video library tags (wiki), smart playlists (wiki) (you can make a smart playlist based on those folder paths, for example), custom video nodes (wiki), or simply use the smart playlists and then use a skin that allows for custom home menu items (if a skin you like doesn't have that option, check that skin's sub-forum. Other users commonly post mods they made to skins, adding such features as they need them).
(2013-01-03, 06:59)Ned Scott Wrote: The Profiles option doesn't seem like a bad method. You can also use v12 and things like video library tags (wiki), smart playlists (wiki) (you can make a smart playlist based on those folder paths, for example), custom video nodes (wiki), or simply use the smart playlists and then use a skin that allows for custom home menu items (if a skin you like doesn't have that option, check that skin's sub-forum. Other users commonly post mods they made to skins, adding such features as they need them).

Thank You Ned. I've been looking into the smart playlists option, and it would serve the purpose.

Can you (or anyone) who uses it for a similar purpose suggest a skin which would allow custom home menu items. I use Transperency! - can I get that to show the playlists on the home screen instead of the normal items.

Also is there a way to set set a custom image (backdrop /fanart) for a playlist (eg; like a backdrop of the Hollywood sign when I scroll over English Movies)? That would be great.
Transparency will allow you to set custom home items. It's very flexible. Go into the skin settings for Transparency and it should have some options for that. I'm not sure about having a custom backdrop for each playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help grouping movies (different languages) on XBMC 11.00