Req Limit unneeded UI refresh rate changes when "Adjust display rate to match video"==1
Let me explain:
Assume a default xbmc refresh rate of 60hz
Right now when "Adjust display rate to match video"==1
1)I start livetv-> refresh rate goes to 50hz to match pal
2)I stop livetv->refresh rate changes back to 60hz
Step 2 is unnecessary.The xbmc gui can cope fine with 50hz.
So when "Adjust display rate to match video"==1:
Introduce a gui_min_rate for xbmc gui ( i suppose it wouldn't be smooth with a refresh rate of 24hz) lets say 50hz and treat the xbmc non-video mode as a video with rate requirements of >=gui_min_rate
Transitions would be more seamless as rate would change only when absolutely necessary.
Also i doubt anyone already using "Adjust display rate to match video" would have a problem with not having a constant gui refresh rate.
I can tell when the GUI is running at 50Hz and it's not nice.
Do you mean you can perceive the difference in fluidity between 60hz and 50hz?Maybe your tv doesn't do proper 50hz?I mean there are for example monitors that just interpolate instead of truly syncing at the claimed frequency....
won't happen - we introduced the mode were refreshrate stays constant as long as a movie is playing (even when bringing the menu in front) - leaving the last refreshrate after playback will annoy many users (were the gui only looks good with 60hz) - and at least i would not want to add another option (the 2 modes we have now are already hard to understand for most users imo).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
if you watch PAL LiveTV most of the time just set xbmc refresh rate to 50hz instead of 60Hz.
pal is only europe - think more global - other countries have other standards...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
We should introduce a new mode and let the user decide whether she/he wants to switch. The system suggests a new refresh rate by e.g. a fly-in message. The user can accept the new mode within a certain period of time by pressing ok. There are quite a couple of use cases where the automatic switch is not what the user desires.
one question : why would someone with a tv that doesn't do well with 50hz gui select "Adjust display rate to match video" in the first place ?Wouldn't that mean that video wouldn't look good anyway?Or I'm i missing something?
I already tell XBMC that I want it at 1920x1080p x 59.94Hz and Have it set to change to 23.976p or 24p 25p on playback depending on file and I expect when playback is stopped that it should return to preset automatically, though When returning from playback and playback is stopped it doesnt return to 60Hz or 59.94Hz sometimes its at 30Hz or so it gets reported in sys info.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Limit unneeded UI refresh rate changes when "Adjust display rate to match video"==11