Win Slight judder in mkv playback...
I've recently purchased a Lenovo Q180 Nettop to use with XBMC as my media centre and I'm having a few minor issues if anyone can help?

The specs are as follows:

Intel Atom D2550 1.86GHz
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD7450
Windows 7 64 Bit

I've installled the "Eden" version of XBMC (mainly due to the shortage of skins on "Frodo") but I'm not sure which are the optimal settings for me within XBMC??

I've tried playing an mkv file and while it played fine for the most part, it wasn't always what I'd call "silky-smooth" but I really don't know what settings are the best for me to go with!?!?!

Is there an "idiots-guide" to settings within XBMC that I could read or is something in my sppecs that isn't cutting the mustard??

Thanks...
Go to Settings > System > Video Output and toggle "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" OFF.
Thanks for the reply!

I've deselected what you suggested and while it did appear to help a little with the playback, it didn't completely solve the ever so slight juddering!

I had a poke around in the rest of the settings and in settings>video>playback, I ticked the "snyc playback to display" and that seems to have done the trick as far as I can see - does this sound right?

I also noticed an option while the mkv was playing in the video settings about "Deinterlace Video" - if you click it on you then get "Auto", "DXVA Bob" and "DXVA Best" - being a complete noob I have no idea what these are, let alone which is best to use! Any tips on this??

Thanks for the continued help guys...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight judder in mkv playback...0