No Audio After Sleep (S3)
As the title says, I'm not getting any audio through XBMC (ver 11) when the HTPC wakes from sleep although the audio is working fine through Windows and if I restart XBMC.

Here's a copy from part of the log that I can see upon waking the computer...

00:15:56 T:3808 ERROR: CGUISound::CreateBuffer Creating sound buffer failed!
00:15:56 T:3688 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
00:15:56 T:3688 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/media/backgrounds/custom.jpg
00:15:57 T:3808 ERROR: CGUISound::CreateBuffer Creating sound buffer failed!
00:17:15 T:3808 ERROR: Previous line repeats 61 times.
00:17:15 T:3808 ERROR: Python script "script.randomitems" does not exist
00:17:16 T:3808 ERROR: CGUISound::CreateBuffer Creating sound buffer failed!
00:17:16 T:3688 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:17:16 T:3688 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/media/backgrounds/custom.jpg
00:17:17 T:3808 ERROR: CGUISound::CreateBuffer Creating sound buffer failed!

I'm using Windows 7 x64, skin is cirrus extended v2 and audio is connected via HDMI.
It is a problem with hdmi device not getting initialized and xbmc thinks hdmi device is absent. I have the same problem. Are you using wasapi? Changing to directsound may help.
I tried your advice and changed it to directsound default audio device and when I returned after sleep, there was still no sound when scrolling menus but when I played a movie to test, the sound returned. Will have to test it out more tomorrow because I'm not entirely convinced this is a permanent fix but thanks for the meantime!
You can use my XBMCLauncher to close xbmc when system goes to sleep and restart when resuming.
(2013-01-01, 17:42)baijuxavior Wrote: You can use my XBMCLauncher to close xbmc when system goes to sleep and restart when resuming.

Sounds like a great idea, thanks.
I had this problem, with WASAPI and audio over HDMI. Tried everything: XBMCLauncher (great program by the way), EDID overrides, bits of tape blocking off pin 19 on the cable, but eventually I caved and bought a Gefen HDMI detective. This is basically a small, (but expensive!) box that sits between your HTPC and AVR, and constantly feeds your HTPC your AVR's EDID, essentially fooling your HTPC into thinking the AVR's always on, even when you put it to sleep.

Hopefully you won't have to resort to this, and software solutions will work, but for me the only thing that worked was the Gefen =/.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
Same issue here. I had this with Eden and hoped this would be fixed with Frodo, but with RC2 it is still the same.

I also wonder what the circumstances are under which this problem occurs. Is this the HW (ION Zodia board, audio over HDMI) or SW (Win7 x32, NVIDIA audio drivers)?

Question to developers: is there anything which can be done within XBMC, so there is no need for an additional SW (which may or may not work) or expensive HW?
I tried the XBMCLauncer from baijuxavior and it works. Thank you very much for this helper program. The only setting I need to make is the "Restart XBMC after sleep" which is actually ON by default.

There is one little disadvantage with this solution: You always start with the main menu and not where you put the HTPC to sleep (e.g. after watching an episode of a series and the next time you want to continue). Yes, I know, this is minor and cannot be solved with an external program like XBMCLauncher. I am just mentioning that to give another argument why it would still be better, if this issue were solved within XBMC.

Until then I am really happy with this solution as it takes away the constant complaints of my wife... Big Grin

UPDATE: To get rid of this issue reliably I had to activate the option "Force Close XBMC on Suspend" in XBMCLauncher. This worked so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio After Sleep (S3)0