Win Mini form factor with XBMC
Been a major fan of XBMC from the xbox days, never built a HTPC because of hardware limitations and form factor. When the Boxee Box came out I threw my money at them because of the small form factor and the fully functional remote. Fast forward to 2013 I want to smash that little black/green box and give the developers a peace of my mind. Any ways now I'm back to XBMC and with the release of the mini PC's i think its the perfect time to get XBMC in its fully glory and still have a functional PC that can be used to browse the interwebs.

I want something that packs a punch and something that is somewhat future proof yet small enough in size and something stylish. The Zotac ZBox come to mind and i think they are good enough for my needs.I paid a premium for my 3D home theater system and never really put it to good use.

My needs:
Full 1080P, 3D, HD Audio (DTS, DD+, DTS-HD, Dolby-TrueHD etc)

I was thinking the Zotac ZBox AD12 because i want to keep to my $300 budget as much as i can. Will get a 60GB SSD and 4-16GB RAM depending with Win7/8.

I got the Mele F10 air remote for my remote needs.

Do you guys think the Ad12 is enough for me or should i get a better one? Any recommendations?
bump, what do you guys think?
Does the $300 budget include the 60GB SSD, 4-16GB RAM and Windows?
I think you could build a more powerful htpc yourself for the same price. For example, I built one with an AMD A6-5400k, 4 gb RAM, 120gb SSD, all inside a tiny mini itx box for maybe a couple dollars over $300. Runs great on W8.
(2013-01-03, 02:49)rip_king Wrote: I think you could build a more powerful htpc yourself for the same price. For example, I built one with an AMD A6-5400k, 4 gb RAM, 120gb SSD, all inside a tiny mini itx box for maybe a couple dollars over $300. Runs great on W8.

yeah looking at some of the prices I think i can build my own much cheaper. Can you detail your specs for me?

@ Dougie Fresh

No SDD but hope the $300 includes some price of the RAM.

This looks like a good start and near my budget, but since we are in 2013 items seems a bit dated now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini form factor with XBMC0