Wait for Apple TV 3 jailbreak or return?
Intel NUC thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140534
Celeron 847 thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143433

(2013-01-05, 05:44)hawkm Wrote: I live at home (Being a student still kinda sucks, but it's better than the real world)

Amen to that. Big Grin before you know it you'll be calling these the good ol' days. Save your money, only invest in the market in your retirement account and outside retirement accounts, only invest in real estate and cash. That is what I'd tell my college self if I could go back in time.
This site http://www.appletv3jailbreak.com/search/...red%20News
claims to have the jailbreak ready in a few days.
That is almost certainly rubbish, MuscleNerd (a member of the iPhone Dev Team), who has been involved in some way in every jailbreak for the last few years, said that the apple tv 3 was very secure when it came out, the number of people working on atv 3 jailbreak is a fraction of those working on the iphone/ipad/ipod touch jailbreaks and they aren't jailbroken on iOS 6 yet. In addition, there is no guarantee that xbmc will work on the atv 3 straight away anyway... If they really had a jailbreak, they would almost certainly offer proof, that site has had articles about fake jailbreaks before, don't pin your hopes on them.
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
The day it comes out or the day MuscleNerd or pod2g says something about the jailbreak, is the day I will believe it. It sucks that this is how people have to think because of how many frauds there are, but too many fake articles are the reasons behind it. :/
(2013-01-06, 00:11)hawkm Wrote: The day it comes out or the day MuscleNerd or pod2g says something about the jailbreak, is the day I will believe it. It sucks that this is how people have to think because of how many frauds there are, but too many fake articles are the reasons behind it. :/

Exactly, I am sad to say... The apple tv can still be bought but at massively over inflated prices.
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
What do you think about the Geniatech ATV1200 - hardware looks very good?

Ta_Toosh
(2013-01-02, 01:32)hawkm Wrote: I got an Apple TV for Christmas and I want to put XBMC on it so the box would be worth the $99 price tag. Sucks because there is no jailbreak for the 3rd gen box. I've been thinking of returning it and getting a Roku, but there's no YouTube on Roku and I can't install XBMC on it. Should I wait for the jailbreak and keep the box or return the box and buy a different box that I can install XBMC and use YouTube?
Thanks in advance.

I find some info for Jailbreak Apple TV 3. To jailbreak apple tv 3 is not posible in this moment, Fire Core is release some info that this is be suported in some time .

this is the url for info fire core: http://jailbreakset.com ..... apple-tv-3-jailbreak-release-info-fire
Return the APV3 & get an Ouya. It is the #1 choice right now for a XBMC media center!
No JB needed, play in 1080p, faster than the Raspberry Pie & play some indie or emulator games.
You can thanks me later.
Just a word of caution - if surround sound (ac3/dts passthrough) and/or CEC is of any importance to you, you should hold off on the OUYA for a while. This is being worked on, but currently not supported (unless something changed in the last few weeks?).

Otherwise the OUYA is quite nice, but I'm back with my Linux device until the above is addressed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wait for Apple TV 3 jailbreak or return?0