How to remove xbmcbuntu so that only ubuntu server left?
Initially I installed XBMCBuntu on a HTPC, then add more programs to make it a home server such as Web server, Samba, seek box, Virtual OS etc.

Now I've decided to make it a full home server, is there a way to remove xbmc to run it headless?
Installing a fresh OS + re-setup the whole server would take a lot of time so it's best to avoid.

I know that XBMCbuntu is a made from lightgdm + XBMC.

Besides removing these 2 components, is there anything else needs to be done it back to a headless server?

Thanks alot.
why remove anything? just leave it running and only use the server functions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-02, 06:21)nickr Wrote: why remove anything? just leave it running and only use the server functions.

because I'm planning to remove the onboard graphics card's fan (pov ion atom 330-1 mobo - a fanless server)... if XBMC's still delivering 1080p, the onboard chip may melt.
(2013-01-02, 08:01)ndxtg Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 06:21)nickr Wrote: why remove anything? just leave it running and only use the server functions.

because I'm planning to remove the onboard graphics card's fan (pov ion atom 330-1 mobo - a fanless server)... if XBMC's still delivering 1080p, the onboard chip may melt.
uninstall xbmc then

sudo apt-get remove xbmc

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or just boot into the XBMCbuntu desktop rather than XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove xbmcbuntu so that only ubuntu server left?1