G-box xD
(2013-01-14, 17:51)j1nx Wrote:
Quote:* XBMC is in Beta development for Android. Bugs are expected in this media player as they continue to develop the software. Expect XBMC’s current version to freeze, stop working and not be compatible with all plug-ins available. This is a limitation of the software itself and doesn’t reflect the hardware of the G-Box.

Is it me or is this a lame statement that does reflect badly on XBMC!

If it doesn't work, it is THEIR fault, if it do work; WE are the best Confused

If you follow the gbox forums, the trend there is if it works well, then gbox-devs/users get credit, if not then XBMC or Pivos gets the blame Smile Standard operation for these new entitled users Smile It must be an android thing.
Personally I don't give a F$@#

But does XBMC does not need to protect their name in a way, a bit like that trademark stuff. Using XBMC for marketing purposes id one thing (I do it myself), but then also give credit where credit is due. Both positive as negative.

Anyway, will leave it to you guys. Just a headsup of something to think about now you pulled open than can of android worms Big Grin
Nether do I but it seems to be a rather disturbing trend with Android in general, lots of takers and very little givers. I hope these takers do realize that if they kill the one company that is contributing the most to XBMC on Android, then their goose is cooked Smile
unfortunately the only people will will realize that are those that read these forums. I'll admit, I was pretty intrigued by the G-Boxes when I first saw them as well. I came here for more info, only to see that the Pivos box is the most trusted for the reasons stated in this thread. It still seems like XBMC with hardware acceleration for android is a ways off, and until that happens all of these will just be makeshift hacked solutions that won't work as well as a dedicated HTPC anyways.
I haven't been able to get any of the root methods to work. The tech support through androidtvbox.us hasn't been any help they only reply with "we will release a firmware soon". That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing, :| They said it didn't include root because removing the nav bar breaks netflix and people return as defective if netflix doesn't work. I dunno why people are buying android tv boxes for netflix when there's tons of better cheaper options for netflix.

Any who it's frustrating to have this thing for 3 weeks and not be able to use it because I don't want the nav bar to burn into my screen and the lack of true full screen playback is annoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
G-box xD0